Features needed

Ideas for improvements and requests for new features in XnView MP

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

UrbanCoyote

Re: Features needed

Post by UrbanCoyote »

recursive tag searching through multiple folders and files.
combining tags for a search.

Browsing pictures via folders is really oldschool. Tags is a good way!
CreativeWorld

Post by CreativeWorld »

ResetXY doesn't seem to be included yet (or am I just missing it?)
mastafrooper

Post by mastafrooper »

CreativeWorld wrote:ResetXY doesn't seem to be included yet (or am I just missing it?)
I haven't been able to find it so I assume it's not in. It's the only thing really stopping me from switching to his version.

I've just been to lazy to sign up for a forum account to request it :P
helmut

Post by helmut »

I'd find dragging&dropping files in the file list to a folder in the folder tree an important feature. (Missing in 0.51).
Sapo

Post by Sapo »

mastafrooper wrote: I haven't been able to find it so I assume it's not in. It's the only thing really stopping me from switching to his version.
Same here, I often need to browser images with a lot of text (top->bottom left->right obviously) and not having the possibility to Reset X/Y for the next image can be pretty annoying when you're browsing through hundreds of images.
Would love that option, really.

Anyway, thanks for the great programs, XnView is still a fantastic image viewer, and XnViewMP is shaping up quite nicely!
CreativeWorld

Post by CreativeWorld »

It would be really nice if it could view images from zip/rar/7zip archives like the original could do with the archive plugin.
asa

Post by asa »

helmut wrote:I'd find dragging&dropping files in the file list to a folder in the folder tree an important feature. (Missing in 0.51).
I support this need.
mpigapicha

Post by mpigapicha »

For me, dragging and dropping files in the file list to a folder in the folder tree is an essential feature.

I use it all the time in XnView: it is one of the most important features of the program.
Schattenreiter

Post by Schattenreiter »

• File copying into the background (as with TotalCommander)

• Ability to exclude folders and folder trees (specifically) from XnViews folders view -- in preferences or with a button (reason: sometimes, I don't want to see (or have anyone else) all folders on all my drives (when I'm logged into my account, too...)

• Ability to password(?) protect (and therefore hide) folders from view within XnView, perhaps...?
HackIntosh
Mountain Lion 10.8.2G530GA-Z77M-D3HSapphire 5770Soundblaster Audigy Platinum16GB-1333-DDR3Atheros AR9280
budz45
XnThusiast

Post by budz45 »

The 'Print' for the View mode (ram memory)
Print for view mode will surely arrive in future now that we already have it in Browser since beta v0.50 :)
All My Topics || my 'MP' Topics
My own Bookmarked topics--->for me only
Danny

Post by Danny »

Create contact sheet, extract thumbnails from video. They should both go in the "create" menu.
Get the bugs fixed, THEN start adding features. It sucks, but someone has to do it.
peil

Post by peil »

_semi transparency possibility for the background of the full screen mode

_close button to quit quickly xnview in full screen mode

_possiblity to swich full screen to image viewer by clicking out of the image

_windows/motif/and CDE themes supression ... and modern themes more customizabe (setting of the colors for everything)

...simplification of menus is a (very) good thing .. like it very much!

in french : c'est dingue ce programme est tellement bien fait sur quasiment tous les points, on sent que Pierre bichonne sa creation
son plus gros default : les parametres de base ne sont pas mes preferés mais vite changés.
.wojtek

Post by .wojtek »

maybe this one will be more relevant - http://newsgroup.xnview.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=24477 - still a lot of things from there missing (most important - shortcuts)
peil

Post by peil »

Why don't you use Qt5 seeing that it is faster than Qt4 ? Any speed optimization is good to take.

user feature needed :floating vignettes in image browser like in full screen mode to scroll a long list of images.

Hdris take about 4/5 second per images (4k) (and displays them surexposed ) when pdplayer that i use too, opens hdri in less than one second. Could you optimize the hdr reader codec ?

Could you make a linux RPM version :) ?
marjoleink

Re: Features needed - IPTC templates conversion

Post by marjoleink »

Traveling in India right now... shortly before I left, I loaded the .deb file of XnViewMP on my netbook (running CrunchBang), as well as a load of IPTC template files I had saved in the Windows version, with lots of data I would like to reuse.

XnViewMP installed and runs just fine (with some minor niggles that don't matter now) but I just found out that the new version cannot read or import the old-format .ipt files from the Windows version: they're in some binary format while the new templates are written in XML (which is great).

It would be really helpful if MP could somehow import or convert the old-format files, as they contain a lot of valuable information and consistency of meta data is important. Any chance of a feature or tool for that?

--
Marjolein Katsma