When i try to convert tiff to jpeg I get exception

Discussions on NConvert - the command line tool for image conversion and manipulation

Moderators: XnTriq, xnview

punith8626

Re: When i try to convert tiff to jpeg I get exception

Postby punith8626 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:31 am

cday wrote:No problem with NConvert 7.10 32-bit...

Is your problem that you don't get an output file when I am getting one, in which case your problem may lie elsewhere?

In that case it might be best to back up a bit and try using simpler code or to check for very basic issues.

One of the problems with using the command line is that it is very intolerant of errors...

I tried with other tiff files and it converted and given output file.But in this case I wont get output file at all.
Still wondering what is the difference between your environment and mine.

cday
XnThusiast

Postby cday » Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:34 am

punith8626 wrote:I tried with other tiff files and it converted and given output file. But in this case I wont get output file at all.
Still wondering what is the difference between your environment and mine.

I can't spend any time on this today as I have something that I need to complete within a time limit.

The code I tested used the .tif extension whereas the code you originally posted used the .tiff extension, that is something you could test quickly... I can't immediately comment on the possible significance of that.

xnview
Author of XnView

Postby xnview » Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:05 am

your tiff file seems to have old jpeg encoding, but the data are not good...
Pierre.

cday
XnThusiast

Postby cday » Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:40 am

xnview wrote:your tiff file seems to have old jpeg encoding, but the data are not good...

Can you say if the file has more than one page?

What is surprising is that XnView software ['Classic, 'MP, XnConvert and NConvert with my minimal script] which is normally quite intolerant of malformed files will open the file, although only the first page if it is a multipage TIFF...

Return to “NConvert”