Convert eps to png transparent

Discussions on NConvert - the command line tool for image conversion and manipulation

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

kaz

Convert eps to png transparent

Post by kaz »

Hi all,
I m trying to convert an eps document to png and keeping background transparent or convert transparence to specify color but don't work..

I can convert png transparent to png with specify background color :
nconvert -quiet -transpcolor 50 50 50 -merge_alpha -out -o test.png plein.png

but don't know how to do with eps. (ghostscript is install)
can you say me how it's possible

Thanks
xnview
Author of XnView

Re: Convert eps to png transparent

Post by xnview »

kaz wrote:Hi all,
I m trying to convert an eps document to png and keeping background transparent or convert transparence to specify color but don't work..

I can convert png transparent to png with specify background color :
nconvert -quiet -transpcolor 50 50 50 -merge_alpha -out -o test.png plein.png

but don't know how to do with eps. (ghostscript is install)
can you say me how it's possible

Thanks
Transparent color can not be kept from eps
Pierre.
kaz

Post by kaz »

Ok thanks but is it possible to change image color. By example say color 15 154 52 change to 45 52 15 in rgb. (convert jpg to jpg or png to png)

thanks for reply
vfi

Post by vfi »

Hi!
We have eps images and we need to convert them in jpeg images but keeping the transparent background color.
I have just read that It's not possible to convert an eps image to jpeg or png keeping transparent background color. That was in 2008...It is still impossible or the last version solves this problem?

Thanks in advance.
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

vfi wrote: We have eps images and we need to convert them in jpeg images but keeping the transparent background color.
I have just read that It's not possible to convert an eps image to jpeg or png keeping transparent background color. That was in 2008...It is still impossible or the last version solves this problem?
yes always not possible
Pierre.
vfi

Post by vfi »

Hi Pierre!

Maybe we misunterstood each other about this issue.
What we really needed was to convert an EPS image with transparent background to a JPEG image with white background. This morning we found out the solution! The solution was to install Ghostscript!
Without Ghostscript the following instruction doesnt'work, we get an error about f the image format is wrong....
nconvert -out jpeg -o [JPEG_img] -bgcolor 255 255 255 -merge_alpha [EPS_img]

After installing Ghostscript, the same instruction works perfectly an we get a beautiful jpeg image with white background.

Thanks in advance for your help.