XnView 1.70 RC3 (Windows)

Bugs and Issues in 1.82 Test versions which have been fixed and verified as resolved.

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

ckit
XnThusiast

Post by ckit »

xnview wrote:
helmut wrote:With RC3:
Windows 2000 (no SP) works o.k., but Windows XP doesn't. The problem does occur each time you toggle from fullscreen and back. Once the vertical scroll bar is gone, zooming in or out makes it appear, again.
And on my win2000 SP2 or Win XP (no SP), i have no problem :-(
Pierre.
You need to have "Auto Image Size" set to "No Fit" for the bug to occur.

Ok, this is going to hurt...
IrfanView doesn't have this bug at all, nor has it ever had it. I will admit that IrfanView doesn't have a brower mode to test but then again thats not where the bug is.

我在期待着

Post by Guest »

:D 我在期待着正式版本的出炉,谢谢
i using 168.1 version(simple Chinese) now.
thank you for giving us a free software.
i wish 1.70 is also a free one.
and i wish that "simple Chinese" is included in ver.1.70 Multi-language

Re: crw

Post by Guest »

Anonymous wrote:image size in canon crw file?
Hi you all!

I'd loved to get working CRW support to XnView. I have understood that CRW file contains rough jpg file (size of 640x480 pixels) for preview. XnView always reads CRW files as size of 640x480 pixels, which is quite a frustrating. I think that XnView reads that CRW preview jpg and uses it as base to converted crw.

Please, make CRW support work...

Anyway, Pierre, Thank you for this great program. =)
mfeingol

I have a bug to report...

Post by mfeingol »

The option to set the mouse wheel as previous/next file is broken. It works the first time the program is restarted, but after that it reverts to scrolling up and down the image. Sometimes it advances from the first image to the second image, but then it scrolls down the second image instead of advancing to the third image.

OS: WinXP SP1. Version: RC3 as mentioned in this thread.

(While we're on the topic, I have a feature request - allow the left mouse button to be used to scroll the image up and down, instead of the right mouse button.)

Thanks!

Post by Guest »

In Multiple file convert>Output directory it would be useful to be able to setthe default to the last used output directory, and not only to the current directory.
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

Anonymous wrote:In Multiple file convert>Output directory it would be useful to be able to setthe default to the last used output directory, and not only to the current directory.
Yes, a bug.
Pierre.
xnview
Author of XnView

Re: I have a bug to report...

Post by xnview »

mfeingol wrote:The option to set the mouse wheel as previous/next file is broken. It works the first time the program is restarted, but after that it reverts to scrolling up and down the image. Sometimes it advances from the first image to the second image, but then it scrolls down the second image instead of advancing to the third image.
Strange, i have no problem with this option.
Pierre.
helmut

Post by helmut »

mfeingol wrote:The option to set the mouse wheel as previous/next file is broken. ...
Works for me. (Windows XP)

Just to make sure:
Do you have the setting 'Mouse wheel' set to 'Previous/Next file' in the options, category 'View->Keyboard/Mouse', which is the default?
mfeingol

Post by mfeingol »

helmut wrote:
mfeingol wrote:The option to set the mouse wheel as previous/next file is broken. ...
Works for me. (Windows XP)

Just to make sure:
Do you have the setting 'Mouse wheel' set to 'Previous/Next file' in the options, category 'View->Keyboard/Mouse', which is the default?
The setting is correctly set to "previous / next file".

The buggy behavior is a bit spotty, but it's definitely there - I'll try to post a solid repro scenario tonight.
mfeingol

Post by mfeingol »

Okay, so my repro is really simple.

Set up a directory with 10 jpegs, named 01.jpg to 10.jpg, all with vertical sizes greater than the size of the desktop (so a vertical scroll bar will show up). In Windows, associate .jpg with the XnView executable. Double-click on 01.jpg. Wheel downwards. The view will jump to 02.jpg, and will then scroll down 02.jpg to the bottom of the screen.

My [View] section is as follows. I can provide more config information or a minidump file as requested.

[View]
BackgroundColor=8421504
MaximizeViewWhenOpen=0
OpenHexaViewIfNotPicture=1
StatusBar=1
ToolBar=0
Undo=1
ShowFilename=1
MouseNavigation=1
HideMouse=1
Fit=1
AppFitToImage=1
FileListSort=1
ImageLoop=0
DoubleClickGoBrowser=1
DisableGifAnimation=0
EnableBmpAnimation=1
OnlyOneView=1
DisplayColorInformation=0
VideoLoop=0
VideoPlayBar=1
DelKeyDeleteFile=1
WheelMouseAsPreviousNext=1
DirKeyAsPreviousNext=1
DeleteGoNext=1
CacheBehind=1
ReadAhead=1
SlideDelay=1000
SlideLoop=1
SlideDirection=0
PlayMovie=1
PlaySound=1
UseGamma=1
Gamma=1.00
UseTransparency=1
HighZoomQuality=7
UseDPIRatio=0
UseZoomStep=0
ZoomStep=10
MultipageShowAgain=1
FullHidePlayBar=0
ShowText=1
Text=<Directory><Filename>
UnitsSize=0
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

mfeingol wrote:Okay, so my repro is really simple.

Set up a directory with 10 jpegs, named 01.jpg to 10.jpg, all with vertical sizes greater than the size of the desktop (so a vertical scroll bar will show up). In Windows, associate .jpg with the XnView executable. Double-click on 01.jpg. Wheel downwards. The view will jump to 02.jpg, and will then scroll down 02.jpg to the bottom of the screen.
Strange, i have checked on WinXp, and all is ok.
Pierre.

Post by Guest »

xnview wrote:Strange, i have checked on WinXp, and all is ok.
Pierre.
I'm not sure what to tell you. Have you installed Intellipoint? (I'm using version 4.12.)

I can provide you with a dump file of the program when it's in scrolling mode, or perhaps you could provide me with an instrumented binary that outputs to a file when it skips pages or scrolls?
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

Anonymous wrote:I'm not sure what to tell you. Have you installed Intellipoint? (I'm using version 4.12.)
No, and often the problem is from here.
Pierre.
mfeingol

Post by mfeingol »

xnview wrote:
Anonymous wrote:I'm not sure what to tell you. Have you installed Intellipoint? (I'm using version 4.12.)
No, and often the problem is from here.
Pierre.
Understood. Of course, it seems unlikely that it would work with all other programs (including Slowview, which has the same exact feature), but would fail with XnView.

Does XnView have source that I can compile and debug? Is there anything else we can do to figure this out?
helmut

Post by helmut »

Mouse wheel navigates properly on Windows XP with Logitech Mouse and default driver (MS 5.1.2600).