XnView 1.70 RC3 (Windows)

Bugs and Issues in 1.82 Test versions which have been fixed and verified as resolved.

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

xnview
Author of XnView

XnView 1.70 RC3 (Windows)

Post by xnview »

Hello,

XnView v1.70 RC3 is available here (last release candidate before final release): http://www.xnview.com/beta/XnView-RC3.zip

Added : Configuration for text shown in fullscreen/slideshow

If you find bugs, please contact me.

Pierre.
Last edited by xnview on Tue May 18, 2004 7:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
helmut

Re: XnView v1.70 RC3 (Windows)

Post by helmut »

In full screen mode my test video (MPEG) is just black. It is played properly in the preview and normal view, but when switching to full screen it's just black.

When switching from full screen to 'Fit image to window, all' by pressing '/' key, the video is shown.
ckit
XnThusiast

Re: XnView v1.70 RC3 (Windows)

Post by ckit »

helmut wrote:In full screen mode my test video (MPEG) is just black. It is played properly in the preview and normal view, but when switching to full screen it's just black.

When switching from full screen to 'Fit image to window, all' by pressing '/' key, the video is shown.
I can reproduce this bug with a MPEG4 AVI file, I'm converting it to XviD 1.0.0 Final AVI and testing that and then I'll use a standard MPEG and test that.

MPEG4 AVI = fail
XviD 1.0.0 Final = fail (it worked the first time but failed every other time)
Bad Boys Game Trailer MPG = fail
Far Cry Gameplay MPG = fail (this one did have the highest success rate)
manhattan_chase_game_trailer_divx50.avi = fail
painkillertrailer(esrb_approved)_div50.avi = fail (worked once or twice)

I think the problem has to do with switching to Full screen on certain frames while the movie is playing.

Pressing '/' key will only fix it once, press '/' key again and I get a black screen again.

AstroBoy-e3-2004.mov = Success every time
NSDUYLAT_(lg).mov = Success every time
sims2_e3_04_sup.mov = Success every time

MOV files are NOT affected by this bug.

Post by Guest »

Hello,

Thank you for fullscreen text customization. One additional small idea is that fullscreen text could also have a border as an option like cinema subtitles (or DVD player subtitles) white text with black Nxpixel character border (customizable border size and colour). Then this option would be perfect.
However actual is also satisfying.

Going back to disapearing scrollbars after the leaving fullscreen. There's still :bug: there:
:arrow: Zoom some part of the image, so there're both vertical and horz scrollbars
:arrow: Go into fullscreen
:arrow: Leave fullscreen
:arrow: Voilà ! No vertical scrollbar now (in RC2 I remember horz scrollbar was disapearing ;P)

Regards,
OnO

Post by OnO »

That was me ^^^^^^ writing this reply.

There's crackd http proxy at my provider :evil: , sometimes looses my php session..
OnO de la Cravovia

crw

Post by Guest »

image size in canon crw file?
ckit
XnThusiast

Post by ckit »

Anonymous wrote:Hello,

Thank you for fullscreen text customization. One additional small idea is that fullscreen text could also have a border as an option like cinema subtitles (or DVD player subtitles) white text with black Nxpixel character border (customizable border size and colour). Then this option would be perfect.
However actual is also satisfying.

Going back to disapearing scrollbars after the leaving fullscreen. There's still :bug: there:
:arrow: Zoom some part of the image, so there're both vertical and horz scrollbars
:arrow: Go into fullscreen
:arrow: Leave fullscreen
:arrow: Voilà ! No vertical scrollbar now (in RC2 I remember horz scrollbar was disapearing ;P)

Regards,
Yes, I agree XnView v1.70 RC3 still loses it's vertical scrollbar on images in View mode after coming out of Full Screen view.
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

ckit wrote:Yes, I agree XnView v1.70 RC3 still loses it's vertical scrollbar on images in View mode after coming out of Full Screen view.
Strange, with the RC2, i have the problem of horizontal scrrolbar, but now no problem.
Which OS?
Pierre.
ckit
XnThusiast

Post by ckit »

Windows 2000 SP4
helmut

Post by helmut »

xnview wrote:Strange, with the RC2, i have the problem of horizontal scrrolbar, but now no problem.
Which OS?
Pierre.
With RC3:
Windows 2000 (no SP) works o.k., but Windows XP doesn't. The problem does occur each time you toggle from fullscreen and back. Once the vertical scroll bar is gone, zooming in or out makes it appear, again.
ckit
XnThusiast

Post by ckit »

helmut wrote:
xnview wrote:Strange, with the RC2, i have the problem of horizontal scrrolbar, but now no problem.
Which OS?
Pierre.
With RC3:
Windows 2000 (no SP) works o.k., but Windows XP doesn't. The problem does occur each time you toggle from fullscreen and back. Once the vertical scroll bar is gone, zooming in or out makes it appear, again.
I have the exact same problem except with Win2000 SP4. Zooming in or out fixes the problem for me too.
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

helmut wrote:With RC3:
And on my win2000 SP2 or Win XP (no SP), i have no problem :-(
Pierre.
helmut

Post by helmut »

xnview wrote:
helmut wrote:With RC3:
And on my win2000 SP2 or Win XP (no SP), i have no problem :-(
Pierre.
From what I can see this bug has been around for many XnView versions, so I think it's not too serious ;-)
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

From what I can see this bug has been around for many XnView versions, so I think it's not too serious ;-)
But i hate bugs :D
Pierre.
crazytb

Post by crazytb »

Maybe the "border" could be more difficult to implement. Instead of "border", a simple "shadow" is much easier to implement and it also does the job. :)