XnView 1.70 RC2 (Windows)

Bugs and Issues in 1.82 Test versions which have been fixed and verified as resolved.

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

xnview
Author of XnView

XnView 1.70 RC2 (Windows)

Post by xnview »

Hello,

XnView v1.70 RC2 is available here : http://www.xnview.com/beta/XnView-RC2.zip

If you find bugs, please contact me.

Pierre.
ckit
XnThusiast

Post by ckit »

After deleting 2-3 images the DEL key fails to function at all in View mode. When this happens the left and right navigation keys also seem to fail?
helmut

Post by helmut »

ckit wrote:After deleting 2-3 images the DEL key fails to function at all in View mode. When this happens the left and right navigation keys also seem to fail?
Ckit, so far I couldn't reproduce your problem on Windows XP.

I have reported one problem with XnView blocking when navigating in images to Pierre, but he can't reproduce:

1.) Open an image in XnView (View mode)
2.) Press right mouse button and keep it pressed.
3.) While the right mouse buttons is still pressed, (left-)click on the 'Next file' button in the toolbar.
4.) Then release right mouse button.
5.) (Left-)Click on the 'Previous file' button in the toolbar.
--> Both the 'Previous image' and the 'Next image' button are 'down'. XnView hangs.
When renaming the manifest file xnview.manifest so that it cannot be read, this bug does not occur anymore.

Can someone else please try to reproduce this problem?
ckit
XnThusiast

Post by ckit »

I cannot reproduce this bug with XnView v1.70 RC2 under Win2000 SP4. I've tried twice now, once with JPEGs and once with JPEG2000 files. Which file format were you using when this happened?

Wait I think I just reproduced it!!!
Making a screenshot of it now

3.) While the right mouse buttons is still pressed, (left-)click on the 'Next file' button in the toolbar.
4.) (Left-)Click on the 'Previous file' button in the toolbar.
--> Previous image button is down. XnView does NOT hang.

This is a little different but it does half produce your bug.
Also if I...

3.) While the right mouse buttons is still pressed, (left-)click on the 'Previous file' button in the toolbar.
4.) (Left-)Click on the 'Next file' button in the toolbar.
--> No problem
helmut

Post by helmut »

ckit wrote:I cannot reproduce this bug with XnView v1.70 RC2 under Win2000 SP4. I've tried twice now, once with JPEGs and once with JPEG2000 files. Which file format were you using when this happened?
Thanks for trying to reproduce this bug. I've just tried on a Windows 2000 system, there the problem does not occur. So it's something Windows XP specific. Using the 'Classic' desktop scheme does not help.

BTW: When speaking of 'XnView hangs', in this cases this means that XnView is still alive, but does not respond to any mouse input. When switching to another application and then back to XnView, it works again.
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

ckit wrote:After deleting 2-3 images the DEL key fails to function at all in View mode. When this happens the left and right navigation keys also seem to fail?
Could you explain more, please. I can't reproduce it.
Are you in view mode only? How many pictures do you have? Do you press next/previous?
Pierre.
helmut

Post by helmut »

Tried again (deleted a lot more than 2-3 images), and all of a sudden the same problem. The DEL key doesn't to anything anymore, but navigation still works. But on my machine (Windows 2000) this happens rarely and I could reproduce it only one.
Please note that I've activated the options 'Read one image ahead' and 'Keep current image' in category 'View->File List' of the options, but this must not necessarily have impact on this problem.
Last edited by helmut on Thu May 13, 2004 8:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
iggi

problem with 'set selection size'

Post by iggi »

Hi,

1) whenever I open an image and start using 'set selection size', the selection rectangle is there, but does not 'act' in proportion as it should. It works in 'any'-mode. If I use selection size once again, it is still the same, but the 3rd time it works as it should.

This happens every time a new image is opened. Once it works fine, (after clicking on the function 3 times for 9x13 and 10x15), it stays OK.

2) when the proportional sizing works fine (so not in 'any-mode or with the problem above), the middle handles of the longest side of the rectangle don't work, the middle handles of the smallest size + the corner-handles work fine. So f.e. in 2:3 the middle handles of the horinzontal sides are OK, the vertical ones don't work.

fyi: RC2 on Win2k SP4

I hope this all makes sense to you guys!
ckit
XnThusiast

Post by ckit »

helmut wrote:
Tried again (deleted a lot more than 2-3 images), and all of a sudden the same problem. The DEL key doesn't to anything anymore, but navigation still works. But on my machine (Windows 2000) this happens rarely and I could reproduce it only one.
Please note that I've activated the options 'Read one image ahead' and 'Keep current image' in category 'View->File List' of the options.
I'm going to experiment with those last two settings and see what happens.

Same problems exist. I noticed that if I right click on the image and choose Delete there are no problems ever and navigation keys still work. It's just the DEL key after a few uses triggers something.
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

Ok, DEL key & selection ratio fixed.
Pierre.
BraVo567

Post by BraVo567 »

Scrolling of a mouse, for transition to the Next / Prev to a file does not work in view mode.
SylvaiNN

Post by SylvaiNN »

BraVo567 wrote:Scrolling of a mouse, for transition to the Next / Prev to a file does not work in view mode.
It works fine for me... :shock: :?:
helmut

Post by helmut »

BraVo567 wrote:Scrolling of a mouse, for transition to the Next / Prev to a file does not work in view mode.
Works for me, too. Could you please check your setting in options, category 'View->Keyboard/Mouse', radio buttons 'Mouse wheel'.
Last edited by helmut on Mon May 17, 2004 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

Ok, if mouse use is disabled. Fixed.
Pierre.
themajkl

yes

Post by themajkl »

Yes, the same bug.
- I delete xnview.ini
- doubleclick on any picture -> xnview starts, mouse scrolling works.
- I open Tool, Options (In Czech names, because I use Czech locales on my W2k), Click "OK" (Yes, NO change in settings made) -> scrolling stops working.