Bug: Find -> Move -> Overwriting Files without asking!

Bugs and Issues in 1.82 Test versions which have been fixed and verified as resolved.

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

brotondi

Bug: Find -> Move -> Overwriting Files without asking!

Post by brotondi »

Hi

Test This:
-Create
C:\_\1\1.jpg
C:\_\3\1.jpg

-Search in C:\_ -> Browse
You will see 2x1.jpg

-Drag&Drop the Files to C:\_

-> You will have only C:\_\1.jpg
The other one is lost.

-Used for: I have 1000 Subfolders with around 2000 Pictures and want to but some/all of them to 1 Folder
-Workaround: Change duplicated Filename: Mark all found items (in Browse) -> Rename -> Dublicate " #" only if needed

Greetings

Bruno
Dreamer
XnThusiast

Post by Dreamer »

Confirmed, quite danger bug IMO - when I use "Copy to/Move to", Alt+C/M and drag and drop to folder tree.

When I use shortcuts (Ctrl+X/C/V), 'Confirm file replace' dialog is shown - no bug, but rename button or auto-rename option would be better, af course not in this version.
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

Dreamer wrote:Confirmed, quite danger bug IMO - when I use "Copy to/Move to", Alt+C/M and drag and drop to folder tree.

When I use shortcuts (Ctrl+X/C/V), 'Confirm file replace' dialog is shown - no bug, but rename button or auto-rename option would be better, af course not in this version.
Sorry i can't reproduce it, you have not the replace dialog when you drag a file in folder tree??
Pierre.
Dreamer
XnThusiast

Post by Dreamer »

xnview wrote:
Dreamer wrote:Confirmed, quite danger bug IMO - when I use "Copy to/Move to", Alt+C/M and drag and drop to folder tree.

Sorry i can't reproduce it, you have not the replace dialog when you drag a file in folder tree??
Right, when I use "Copy to/Move to" or Alt+C/M or drag and drop into folder tree - there is no dialog and file is replaced automatically!

Edit - Confirmed also with default settings, any images with the same filename are replaced when you try to move them from search results to other folder.
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

Dreamer wrote:
xnview wrote:

Right, when I use "Copy to/Move to" or Alt+C/M or drag and drop into folder tree - there is no dialog and file is replaced automatically!

Edit - Confirmed also with default settings, any images with the same filename are replaced when you try to move them from search results to other folder.
I can't reproduce it after a search, when i drag a file into folder tree, i have the 'replace dialog'...
Pierre.
Dreamer
XnThusiast

Post by Dreamer »

xnview wrote:I can't reproduce it after a search, when i drag a file into folder tree, i have the 'replace dialog'...
Really strange, since I can always reproduce it with default settings.

I'll move it to Bugs forum, maybe other users could try to reproduce it...
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

Dreamer wrote:
xnview wrote:I can't reproduce it after a search, when i drag a file into folder tree, i have the 'replace dialog'...

With any location?
Pierre.
Dreamer
XnThusiast

Post by Dreamer »

xnview wrote:
Dreamer wrote:

With any location?
Yes, any filename, any location.

Just select and move (read above how) two files with the same filename from search results to other folder, one file is lost.

Post by Guest »

to reproduce: You must chose 2 Files with same Name and move them to a folder where not File with this name exists!
Else you get the Replace dialog twice, which is correct.

Bruno[/b]
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

Anonymous wrote:to reproduce: You must chose 2 Files with same Name and move them to a folder where not File with this name exists!

Bruno[/b]
Fixed in 1.82.2
Pierre.
Dreamer
XnThusiast

Post by Dreamer »

xnview wrote:
Anonymous wrote:to reproduce: You must chose 2 Files with same Name and move them to a folder where not File with this name exists!

Bruno[/b]
Fixed in 1.82.2
Right.

Closed.