b2: REQ: Keyboard shortcut for "GO"

Bugs and Issues in 1.82 Test versions which have been fixed and verified as resolved.

Moderators: XnTriq, xnview

Locked
marsh
XnThusiast
Posts: 2443
Joined: Sun May 15, 2005 6:31 am

b2: REQ: Keyboard shortcut for "GO"

Post by marsh » Tue Dec 20, 2005 12:28 am

Since many dialogs are chopped off, perhaps keyboard shortcut for "GO"/"Create" would be useful.
http://newsgroup.xnview.com/viewtopic.php?t=1978

User avatar
Dreamer
XnThusiast
Posts: 4605
Joined: Sun Jul 25, 2004 9:08 pm
Location: Slovakia

Re: b2: REQ: Keyboard shortcut for "GO"

Post by Dreamer » Tue Dec 20, 2005 1:12 am

marsh wrote:Since many dialogs are chopped off, perhaps keyboard shortcut for "GO"/"Create" would be useful.
http://newsgroup.xnview.com/viewtopic.php?t=1978
What about Enter? I use it very often... But, it doesn't work sometimes, e.g.: when any button is pressed, maybe this could be fixed.

marsh
XnThusiast
Posts: 2443
Joined: Sun May 15, 2005 6:31 am

Re: b2: REQ: Keyboard shortcut for "GO"

Post by marsh » Tue Dec 20, 2005 1:19 am

Dreamer wrote:
marsh wrote:Since many dialogs are chopped off, perhaps keyboard shortcut for "GO"/"Create" would be useful.
http://newsgroup.xnview.com/viewtopic.php?t=1978
What about Enter? I use it very often... But, it doesn't work sometimes, e.g.: when any button is pressed, maybe this could be fixed.
I don't know, that usually activates selected field. It should be a unique and easy key combination.

User avatar
Dreamer
XnThusiast
Posts: 4605
Joined: Sun Jul 25, 2004 9:08 pm
Location: Slovakia

Re: b2: REQ: Keyboard shortcut for "GO"

Post by Dreamer » Tue Dec 20, 2005 1:32 am

marsh wrote:
Dreamer wrote:
marsh wrote:Since many dialogs are chopped off, perhaps keyboard shortcut for "GO"/"Create" would be useful.
http://newsgroup.xnview.com/viewtopic.php?t=1978
What about Enter? I use it very often... But, it doesn't work sometimes, e.g.: when any button is pressed, maybe this could be fixed.
I don't know, that usually activates selected field. It should be a unique and easy key combination.
Maybe Ctrl+Enter, but I think Pierre have some problem to add shortcuts there (Ctrl+Page Up/Down from other topic). So maybe just "OK" button could be always focused, then also Enter would work always.

Try Ctrl+U and select/change any "non-button" option, e.g. format, overwrite, script... Enter works good there.

marsh
XnThusiast
Posts: 2443
Joined: Sun May 15, 2005 6:31 am

Re: b2: REQ: Keyboard shortcut for "GO"

Post by marsh » Tue Dec 20, 2005 1:42 am

Dreamer wrote:
marsh wrote:
Dreamer wrote: What about Enter? I use it very often... But, it doesn't work sometimes, e.g.: when any button is pressed, maybe this could be fixed.
I don't know, that usually activates selected field. It should be a unique and easy key combination.
Maybe Ctrl+Enter, but I think Pierre have some problem to add shortcuts there (Ctrl+Page Up/Down from other topic). So maybe just "OK" button could be always focused, then also Enter would work always.

Try Ctrl+U and select/change any "non-button" option, e.g. format, overwrite, script... Enter works good there.
The trouble with <Enter> is that you need it to choose buttons when after you change focus with <tab>. I wouldn't want the program to significantly change because of this. Perhaps <shift + space>?

Xyzzy
Posts: 652
Joined: Tue Nov 23, 2004 10:17 pm
Location: Poland

Post by Xyzzy » Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:49 pm

I think it is a part of general problem- ability to positively confirm dialogs with keyboard shortcut and nagatively with Esc.

I don't know- Closed?

X.

User avatar
xnview
Author of XnView
Posts: 32005
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2003 7:31 am
Location: France
Contact:

Post by xnview » Tue Jan 10, 2006 6:47 am

Xyzzy wrote:I think it is a part of general problem- ability to positively confirm dialogs with keyboard shortcut and nagatively with Esc.

I don't know- Closed?
Yes closed
Pierre.

Locked