German translation: Ganzer Bildschirm vs. Vollbild

Bugs and Issues in 1.82 Test versions which have been fixed and verified as resolved.

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

thire

German translation: Ganzer Bildschirm vs. Vollbild

Post by thire »

In the German translation there are two trems used: "Vollbild" and "Ganzer Bildschirm" for the same thing. Perhaps there should be just a unique expression (Vollbild is better)? Eg: View a single file and the Ansicht-> ganzer bildschirm and some more if I remember right
helmut

Re: german translation

Post by helmut »

thire wrote:In the German translation there are two trems used: "Vollbild" and "Ganzer Bildschirm" for the same thing. Perhaps there should be just a unique expression (Vollbild is better)? Eg: View a single file and the Ansicht-> ganzer bildschirm and some more if I remember right
Right, Thomas, currently that's a bit of a mixture. I'll check and what makes sense. ("Ganzer Bildschirm" is clearer than "Vollbild", I think, but much longer and two words).
Danny

Re: german translation

Post by Danny »

helmut wrote:
thire wrote:In the German translation there are two trems used: "Vollbild" and "Ganzer Bildschirm" for the same thing. Perhaps there should be just a unique expression (Vollbild is better)? Eg: View a single file and the Ansicht-> ganzer bildschirm and some more if I remember right
Right, Thomas, currently that's a bit of a mixture. I'll check and see what makes sense. ("Ganzer Bildschirm" is clearer than "Vollbild", I think, but much longer and two words).
Ja. Aber einmal angeklickt, weiß man auch schon bescheid, oder?
thire

Post by thire »

Also mir gefällt Vollbild weit besser, nicht zuletzt weil es der übliche Ausdruck in vielen anderen Programmen dafür ist.
Und ich weiß, dass es kein gr Thema ist, aber es sollte stimmig und maximal intuitiv sein. Auch für allererst-Benutzer (mir war beim ersten Klick nicht _ganz_ wohl und normalerweise clicke ich nicht auf Dinge, wo ich nicht weiß/wissen sollte, was kommt. Ero: bitte ausbessern. :)
FlorianH

Post by FlorianH »

Gerade in Zusammenhang mit Rechnern mit mehreren Bildschirmen finde ich das Wort 'Vollbild' eindeutiger...
helmut

Post by helmut »

FlorianH wrote:Gerade in Zusammenhang mit Rechnern mit mehreren Bildschirmen finde ich das Wort 'Vollbild' eindeutiger...
O.k., we'll use the term "Vollbild".