EXIF

Bugs and Issues in 1.82 Test versions which have been fixed and verified as resolved.

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

xnview
Author of XnView

EXIF

Post by xnview »

The beta will use an external text file for EXIF tag.
If you want to translate it in other language or help me for french, here is links:

http://www.xnview.com/beta/exif_en.lng
http://www.xnview.com/beta/exif_fr.lng
Pierre.
helmut

Re: EXIF

Post by helmut »

xnview wrote:The beta will use an external text file for EXIF tag.
Very good that we have the EXIF stuff external. Translators like this and thank you... :-)
xnview wrote:If you want to translate it in other language or help me for french, here is links:
I could do the German translation unless somebody else volunteers for German.
Xyzzy

Post by Xyzzy »

Great idea!

I'll do Polish version.

Edit: 19.12.2005 Translation already completed, will do proofreading in a few days.

Could you also add MakerNotes for Panasonic cameras and add values in Minolta sections for Dynax 5D/7D cameras.

Thanks!
Last edited by Xyzzy on Mon Dec 19, 2005 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

Xyzzy wrote:Great idea!

I'll do Polish version.

Could you also add MakerNotes for Panasonic cameras and add values in Minolta sections for Dynax 5D/7D cameras.
Currently i don't know how to read them, but i'll check... Must check if i have samples from these camera...
Pierre.
FlorianH

Post by FlorianH »

I started translating to german.

@Pierre:
a) Are there any limitations concerning special characters like ä, ö, ü, ...
b) Is there any limitation concerning string length?
c) Is it allowed to put comments at the end of the labels. Like this:

Code: Select all

[0101-0100]
Label=Bildbreite [Pixel]					;Image width
d) The label Compression [0101-0103] should be a ValueList (see here). Should i post this to new/open? Simply adding it to exif_en.lng is not enough. I think you have to change something in xnview...

-- ValueList for Compression -- values from here

ValueList=1#Uncompressed, 2#CCITT 1D, 3#T4/Group 3 Fax, 4#T6/Group 4 Fax, 5#LZW, 6#JPEG (old-style), 7#JPEG, 8#Adobe Deflate, 9#JBIG B&W, 10#JBIG Color, 32766#Next, 32771#CCIRLEW, 32773#PackBits, 32809#Thunderscan, 32895#IT8CTPAD, 32896#IT8LW, 32897#IT8MP, 32898#IT8BL, 32908#PixarFilm, 32909#PixarLog, 32946#Deflate, 32947#DCS, 34661#JBIG, 34676#SGILog, 34677#SGILog, 2434712#JPEG 2000, 34713#Nikon NEF Compressed
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

FlorianH wrote:a) Are there any limitations concerning special characters like ä, ö, ü, ...
No, but you can check with beta 1
b) Is there any limitation concerning string length?
No
c) Is it allowed to put comments at the end of the labels. Like this:

[0101-0100]
Label=Bildbreite [Pixel]					;Image width
Currently no, but i can add it
d) The label Compression [0101-0103] should be a ValueList (see here). Should i post this to new/open? Simply adding it to exif_en.lng is not enough. I think you have to change something in xnview...

-- ValueList for Compression -- values from here

ValueList=1#Uncompressed, 2#CCITT 1D, 3#T4/Group 3 Fax, 4#T6/Group 4 Fax, 5#LZW, 6#JPEG (old-style), 7#JPEG, 8#Adobe Deflate, 9#JBIG B&W, 10#JBIG Color, 32766#Next, 32771#CCIRLEW, 32773#PackBits, 32809#Thunderscan, 32895#IT8CTPAD, 32896#IT8LW, 32897#IT8MP, 32898#IT8BL, 32908#PixarFilm, 32909#PixarLog, 32946#Deflate, 32947#DCS, 34661#JBIG, 34676#SGILog, 34677#SGILog, 2434712#JPEG 2000, 34713#Nikon NEF Compressed
Really, many of compression label must not be translated i think
Pierre.
FlorianH

Post by FlorianH »

xnview wrote:No, but you can check with beta 1
No problems so far...
xnview wrote:Currently no, but i can add it
I just tried it. It works -> nothing to do...
xnview wrote:Really, many of compression label must not be translated i think
I think you didn't understand what i meant: Right now it simply shows for example 'Compression 6'. It should be 'Compression JPEG (old-style)'. Only the value 6 is no usefull information. I didn't/don't want to translate them :D
helmut

Post by helmut »

Hello Florian,

thank you for translating the EXIF stuff to German. Once you have a first version, could you please send it to me? I'll check the translation, then.

If you want I can send you the current German language files of XnView. We should make sure that the terms used in the language files for EXIF and used within the program match. @Pierre: Or have all the EXIF terms moved to the EXIF language files?

Greetings,

Helmut
helmut

Post by helmut »

Hello Florian,

thank you for translating the EXIF stuff to German. Once you have a first version, could you please send it to me? I'll check the translation, then.

If you want I can send you the current German language files of XnView. We should make sure that the terms used in the language files for EXIF and used within the program match. @Pierre: Or have all the EXIF terms moved to the EXIF language files? (This surely applies for all languages, not just German).

Greetings,

Helmut
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

helmut wrote:If you want I can send you the current German language files of XnView. We should make sure that the terms used in the language files for EXIF and used within the program match. @Pierre: Or have all the EXIF terms moved to the EXIF language files? (This surely applies for all languages, not just German).
No, only term shown in EXIF list dialog
Pierre.
helmut

Post by helmut »

xnview wrote:
helmut wrote:If you want I can send you the current German language files of XnView. We should make sure that the terms used in the language files for EXIF and used within the program match. @Pierre: Or have all the EXIF terms moved to the EXIF language files? (This surely applies for all languages, not just German).
So if I understand right, the expressions for EXIF placeholders in Batch Rename for example are not taken from the EXIF language files - right?
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

helmut wrote:
xnview wrote:
So if I understand right, the expressions for EXIF placeholders in Batch Rename for example are not taken from the EXIF language files - right?
Yes
Pierre.
Xyzzy

Post by Xyzzy »

Full EXIF tag reference here:

http://www.awaresystems.be/imaging/tiff/tifftags.html

There is error in file (at least in the English one):

[0103-0009]
Label=Status
ValueList=2#2-Dimensional Measurement, 3#3-Dimensional Measurement

[0103-000A]
Label=Measure Mode
ValueList=

Values for 0009 should be put for 000A, and proper values for 0009 are:
'A' = Measurement is in progress
'V' = Measurement is Interoperability

X.
helmut

Post by helmut »

xnview wrote:
helmut wrote:
xnview wrote: No, only term shown in EXIF list dialog
Yes
Are you aware what this means? People doing translation of the EXIF translation should take the translations in header files (prefix TXT_TemplateMenu_EXIF_) and vice versa. Best is to send the English and native language header file to those people translating the EXIF language files.
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

helmut wrote:Are you aware what this means? People doing translation of the EXIF translation should take the translations in header files (prefix TXT_TemplateMenu_EXIF_) and vice versa. Best is to send the English and native language header file to those people translating the EXIF language files.
Yes, but currently sentence are used in menu, dialog, ... so in resource and i can't use text files...
Pierre.