XnView 1.80 Release Candidate 1 (Windows)

Bugs and Issues in 1.82 Test versions which have been fixed and verified as resolved.

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

xnview
Author of XnView

XnView 1.80 Release Candidate 1 (Windows)

Post by xnview »

Current Release Candidate is 1.80 RC2

Hello,

Normal users should use the current Final version of XnView, which is version 1.74. Please see post "XnView 1.74 (Windows)" for more details.

Download portals and websites must link to final versions of XnView only, and in no case link to any of the release candidates.

A Release candidate (RC) is a mainly stable version, which is provided to a larger number of people for testing. If the release candidate has few or no serious bugs, it will become the new final release, which will be announced in a new, separate topic in this newsgroup. Typically, the release candidate comes as executable file, only, and has no setup.
If you want to use the latest version and/or have fun testing an application which still might have bugs, the release candidate is the right thing.

At the moment, XnView v1.80 RC1 is available here : http://www.xnview.com/beta/XnView-RC1.zip

If you find bugs, please contact me or post them here in this forum. For bug reports please use new topics, see also topic "Important Notes".
Pierre.
xnview
Author of XnView

Re: XnView 1.80 Release Candidate 1 (Windows)

Post by xnview »

Be careful, when you start this version, you have not all formats by default. At the startup you'll have a dialog box. To be able to read all file formats, you must go to options/General/Startup
Pierre.
helmut

Post by helmut »

Congratulations to this shiny version with excellent new features!

My favorite new feature is the cross-fading in the slide show. Marvellous!
Dreamer
XnThusiast

Post by Dreamer »

Pierre, thank you for this great new version of the best image viewer on earth :D

I like Cross-Fading effect too, I think transitions deserves its own row in the "changelog" :wink:

I like also Pause key to start/stop automatic slideshow and New Batch rename dialog...

Post by Guest »

Nice version, thanks Pierre.
I'm especially liking the improved IPTC support. Tabs is a good idea too.

Is there a list of known bugs? I've seen 3 new bugs in 10 minutes so I guess you know them already?
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

Anonymous wrote:Nice version, thanks Pierre.

Is there a list of known bugs? I've seen 3 new bugs in 10 minutes so I guess you know them already?
Which bugs?
Pierre.
helmut

Post by helmut »

Anonymous wrote:Nice version, thanks Pierre.

There's this group in this forum for discussing bugs and enhancements. But until now there's no list of known bugs. Perhaps a good idea to write up the things that have been found, but this is would be a very temporary list since Pierre fixes things very soon after they have been found.

If you have encountered a bug, please have a look in this group and check whether it has been reported, already. If not, Pierre would be surely interested to know about it, so please place your bug in a new topic or mail Pierre. See also topic "Important Notes" in this group "Release Candidate 1.80".
OL

Post by OL »

@ Helmut
Yes it was stupid of me, I should have expected Pierre to ask for which bug...
I don't think they have already been reported here. I'll be trying to reproduce with clean ini and cache.
nice iconset by the way =)
alex

Post by alex »

looking forward to see 1.8 final. ive been waiting so long for those improvements. keep up the good work :D