RC3 - Same pathname for loading and saving

Bugs and Issues in 1.82 Test versions which have been fixed and verified as resolved.

Moderators: XnTriq, xnview

Locked
Lostclown
Posts: 99
Joined: Thu Jul 22, 2004 12:21 am
Location: Iceland

RC3 - Same pathname for loading and saving

Post by Lostclown » Tue Sep 28, 2004 10:43 pm

Thanks for the new "Use same pathname for loading & saving".
I have a small problem however. It works perfectly with "File - Open" and "File - Save", but NOT with "File - Save As ..."! And this is what I want to use it to save a modified version under a different name in the same folder as the original.

Any chance of making "Save - As ..." use the format of the original as the default format rather that the last-saved-to-format? Or create an option for such behavior?

Thanks,
Lostclown

User avatar
xnview
Author of XnView
Posts: 31340
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2003 7:31 am
Location: France
Contact:

Re: 1.74 RC3 - Same pathname for loading and saving

Post by xnview » Wed Sep 29, 2004 8:24 am

Lostclown wrote:Thanks for the new "Use same pathname for loading & saving".
I have a small problem however. It works perfectly with "File - Open" and "File - Save", but NOT with "File - Save As ..."! And this is what I want to use it to save a modified version under a different name in the same folder as the original.
Any chance of making "Save - As ..." use the format of the original as the default format rather that the last-saved-to-format? Or create an option for such behavior?
Yes, it's only to use same directory for loading & saving.
Another option to use always the same format :-(?
Pierre.

Lostclown
Posts: 99
Joined: Thu Jul 22, 2004 12:21 am
Location: Iceland

Re: 1.74 RC3 - Same pathname for loading and saving

Post by Lostclown » Wed Sep 29, 2004 3:24 pm

xnview wrote:Yes, it's only to use same directory for loading & saving.
OK. But should it not work also when saving to a different file name with "Save As ..."?
xnview wrote:Another option to use always the same format :-(?
Hope I'm not to puzzling here, but the same format as the original, that is my wish :) Yes.
To explain this wish and how I would like to use it with the new "same pathname" option let me describe how I often use XnView.

I often modify images and save the modified version with a different name than the original (i.e. so I have two versions of the image).
These images can be of multiple file formats and I generally want the modified version to be of the same format as it's original.

If I modify an image that is in a different folder and of a different format than of the last previous image I modified, then I will manually have to select the folder and format in addition to typing in the new filename. And often I go from one format in one folder to another format in another folder which leads to these manual selections most of the time.

Now if XnView's options would enable me to always have default values for the folder and format the same as the original I would only have to type in the new filename. And it would save me a lot of effort :)

Hope this explains.
Thanks, Lostclown
Last edited by Lostclown on Wed Sep 29, 2004 11:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
xnview
Author of XnView
Posts: 31340
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2003 7:31 am
Location: France
Contact:

Re: 1.74 RC3 - Same pathname for loading and saving

Post by xnview » Wed Sep 29, 2004 7:24 pm

Lostclown wrote:Now if XnView's options would enable me to always have default values for the folder and format the same as the original I would only have to type in the new filename. And it would save me a lot of effort :)
Hum, i think that i have not understod your request. You want to be able to use "save as" like save with the original folder & format, is it that?
Pierre.

Lostclown
Posts: 99
Joined: Thu Jul 22, 2004 12:21 am
Location: Iceland

Re: 1.74 RC3 - Same pathname for loading and saving

Post by Lostclown » Thu Sep 30, 2004 11:41 pm

xnview wrote:
Lostclown wrote:Now if XnView's options would enable me to always have default values for the folder and format the same as the original I would only have to type in the new filename. And it would save me a lot of effort :)
Hum, i think that i have not understod your request. You want to be able to use "save as" like save with the original folder & format, is it that?
Pierre.
... Yes
I still wan't the "Save As ... " dialog to show up as normal.
This has basically only got to do with the default values for folder and format in this dialog.

Think this was so simple in my mind and that is why I didn't explain it in more detail.
Well, human misunderstand and are misunderstood. Typical :)

Regards, Lostclown

User avatar
xnview
Author of XnView
Posts: 31340
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2003 7:31 am
Location: France
Contact:

Re: 1.74 RC3 - Same pathname for loading and saving

Post by xnview » Fri Oct 01, 2004 7:06 am

Lostclown wrote:I still wan't the "Save As ... " dialog to show up as normal.
This has basically only got to do with the default values for folder and format in this dialog.
Ok, it will be added.
Pierre.

Locked