program working, colors not

Questions, suggestions, and answers for XnView on MacOS X

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

Karl

program working, colors not

Post by Karl »

I got the program working, after installing X11 (thanks guys!). Unfortunately, it's not quite right: all pictures show up with everything wrong, like the colors are inverted (green shows up as yellow). This happens with files I brought from a PC (and work fine in XnView for Windows), as well as those I scanned on the Mac.

Any suggestions? Am I missing something?
xnview
Author of XnView

Re: program working, colors not

Post by xnview »

Karl wrote:I got the program working, after installing X11 (thanks guys!). Unfortunately, it's not quite right: all pictures show up with everything wrong, like the colors are inverted (green shows up as yellow). This happens with files I brought from a PC (and work fine in XnView for Windows), as well as those I scanned on the Mac.

Any suggestions? Am I missing something?
Which picture format?
Pierre.
Karl

Post by Karl »

xnview wrote: Which picture format?
Haven't tried all of them, but it happens for both tif and jpg. I've also opened a tif, saved it as a jpg, and when I open the jpg on the Windows version it's still okay, so it's something in the display output, not how it's actually handling the file.

I think I figured out what's happening, at least: red and green are inverted, and blue is missing. That is, if you turn down red under Image: Adjust: Brightness/Contrast/Colors it turns red, same with green, and changing blue does nothing. Also, when I first open that box it cranks brightness up to 114 and gamma to 1.49, so I have to zero everything first.
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

Karl wrote:
xnview wrote: Which picture format?
Haven't tried all of them, but it happens for both tif and jpg. I've also opened a tif, saved it as a jpg, and when I open the jpg on the Windows version it's still okay, so it's something in the display output, not how it's actually handling the file.

I think I figured out what's happening, at least: red and green are inverted, and blue is missing. That is, if you turn down red under Image: Adjust: Brightness/Contrast/Colors it turns red, same with green, and changing blue does nothing. Also, when I first open that box it cranks brightness up to 114 and gamma to 1.49, so I have to zero everything first.
Could you send me a file which is not displayed correctly?
Pierre.
Karl

Post by Karl »

xnview wrote: Could you send me a file which is not displayed correctly?
I don't have a web page, so I sent them to the webmaster address: one picture as it's supposed to look, and a screenshot of how it appears in XnView.

Karl