gflSaveBitmap 16 bit Tiff to DPX

Discussions on GFL SDK, the graphic library for reading and writing graphic files

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

jjIVC

gflSaveBitmap 16 bit Tiff to DPX

Post by jjIVC »

Hi,

Love the SDK. Thanks for giving us Visual Basic guys something to work with.

I am trying to convert 16 bit Tiff files to 10 bit DPX, but every time the dpx comes out bad (will not read in anything, even xnview). Conversions using 8 bit files work fine. Is there something extra that needs to be done with 16 bit files?

Thanks
xnview
Author of XnView

Re: gflSaveBitmap 16 bit Tiff to DPX

Post by xnview »

jjIVC wrote:Love the SDK. Thanks for giving us Visual Basic guys something to work with.
I am trying to convert 16 bit Tiff files to 10 bit DPX, but every time the dpx comes out bad (will not read in anything, even xnview). Conversions using 8 bit files work fine. Is there something extra that needs to be done with 16 bit files?
How do you use it? Do you use GFL LUT to convert in 10bits?
Pierre.
jjIVC

Post by jjIVC »

No, I'm loading the 16 bit Tiff using GFL_LOAD_ORIGINAL_DEPTH and saving to DPX format. Do I need to use an external LUT, and if so is there a description of the format?
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

jjIVC wrote:No, I'm loading the 16 bit Tiff using GFL_LOAD_ORIGINAL_DEPTH and saving to DPX format. Do I need to use an external LUT, and if so is there a description of the format?
Wait the new release, perhaps an old bug.
Pierre.