Browser mode: Favourites

Bugs and Suggestions in XnView Classic which have been resolved

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

Koogle

Browser mode: Favourites

Post by Koogle »

I really like the idea of being able to add a folder to the favourites and then when I start xnview I can navigate straight to that folder through the favourites panel..

Only problem I have with it is that its severely limited, It would be sooo much better if I could make a folder that had other sub folders a favourite and all those other sub folders get added. And in favourites panel I can expand a favourite folder to view all the sub folders that were in the main favourite folder I added... Or everytime I select the main favourite folder it checks that disk location for updates on sub folders.

I just think this method would be so much better, because I have various large image folders that have other sub folders, on different hard drives, and navigating too those locations in the folders panel is a longer process, with a favourite folder that had better functionality this could be a much faster process of getting to those folders.
xnview
Author of XnView

Re: Browser mode: Favourites

Post by xnview »

Koogle wrote:Only problem I have with it is that its severely limited, It would be sooo much better if I could make a folder that had other sub folders a favourite and all those other sub folders get added. And in favourites panel
Sorry but i don't understand, you can create subfolders, and put favorites in it!
Pierre.
Olivier_G
XnThusiast

Post by Olivier_G »

I think he would like to be able to expand a Favorite as if it was selected and access all its subfolders directly from there.
(a bit like you can expand "My Documents" in Windows Explorer although it is just a 'special' shortcut)
Olivier
nightflyer

Post by nightflyer »

ExifPro has such mode ON by default. If you select directory, you see all images in whole directory tree starting from selected directory. Sometimes it is comfortable.
-=nightflyer=-
Koogle

Post by Koogle »

yep I know you can create a sub folder... but its a very manual process, and something I think it should have the option to do for you.

I might have 20 or so folders within a main folder, I want to be able to add the main folder holding all the other folders as the favourite folder.. That way I can access them all fairly quickly without having to go through the [Folder] panel and navigate to a drive and click expand click expand etc. If Xn View could add sub folders to the favourites automactically that would be great.

Actually yeah Olivier_G hit it, thats exactly what i mean, My Documents is like special shortcut, thats how i see using xn view favourite panel.. just shortcuts to where I want to get to quickly
GeorgD

Post by GeorgD »

Is the behaviour in 1.90b2 like you wanted it? (I guess so). Then this may be moved to "closed".
Koogle

Post by Koogle »

yes... B2 is very much what I wanted in favourites and being able to get to sub folders of a favourite folder.. Glad that got implemented.. much appreciated :D