1.82.4 File selection error

Bugs and Suggestions in XnView Classic which have been resolved

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

revell

1.82.4 File selection error

Post by revell »

Whenever I create a new folder, then jump to a specific picture by pressing the first letter of it's file name and then try to select a range of files pressing the "cursor down" key (selection over more than one row) XnView does not select only the files starting from the picture I jumped to but starting from the folder I created.
This can be reproduced anytime on my system using XnView 1.82.4 on Windows XP SP2. In version 1.82.3 this did not happen.

(In case I do not jump to the file but move to it using cursor keys/mouse, no problem occurs, The problem neither occurs if not the cursor down but e.g. the cursor right button is pressed.)
signature out of service...
xnview
Author of XnView

Re: 1.82.4 File selection error

Post by xnview »

revell wrote:Whenever I create a new folder, then jump to a specific picture by pressing the first letter of it's file name and then try to select a range of files pressing the "cursor down" key (selection over more than one row) XnView does not select only the files starting from the picture I jumped to but starting from the folder I created.
This can be reproduced anytime on my system using XnView 1.82.4 on Windows XP SP2. In version 1.82.3 this did not happen.

(In case I do not jump to the file but move to it using cursor keys/mouse, no problem occurs, The problem neither occurs if not the cursor down but e.g. the cursor right button is pressed.)
Yes right a bug....
Pierre.