Quick slide show

Bugs and Suggestions in XnView Classic which have been resolved

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

GAmnon

Quick slide show

Post by GAmnon »

Once Quick Slide Show is on, there is no way to stop it and continue viewing single images by hitting the space bar. :(
ckit
XnThusiast

Post by ckit »

I cannot re-produce this bug.
AMD Ryzen 3 3300X 3.8Ghz, 16Gb DDR4, RX6600XT with Dell U2520D at 2560x1440@60Hz
Windows 11 Pro x64 23H2, PowerToys and Wintoys
Dreamer
XnThusiast

Re: Quick slide show

Post by Dreamer »

GAmnon wrote:Once Quick Slide Show is on, there is no way to stop it and continue viewing single images by hitting the space bar. :(
Do you know that Space key is used to start/stop slide show now? You can't stop slide show with Pause key too? What about context menu > quick slide show?
marsh
XnThusiast

Post by marsh »

<backspace> still goes to previous file (like v.1.74). It now has no corresponding key.
xnview
Author of XnView

Re: Quick slide show

Post by xnview »

GAmnon wrote:Once Quick Slide Show is on, there is no way to stop it and continue viewing single images by hitting the space bar. :(
If you hit SPACE BAR when Quick Slide Show is running, you stop it
Pierre.
Muchacha Grande

It should be selectable to work like in version 1.74

Post by Muchacha Grande »

May be usefull that the space key could be selectable to start/stop quick slideshow or to go to next slide on each key press (like version 1.74).
Think that the space is used to this function on almost every image viewer out there and the people is used to this already.
I prefere the previews configuration for the space key. The one that combined with the backspace key let you navigate through the slides manually. And the quick slideshow could be started/stopped by other key, as for example the tab key.
xnview
Author of XnView

Re: It should be selectable to work like in version 1.74

Post by xnview »

Muchacha Grande wrote:May be usefull that the space key could be selectable to start/stop quick slideshow or to go to next slide on each key press (like version 1.74).
Think that the space is used to this function on almost every image viewer out there and the people is used to this already.
I prefere the previews configuration for the space key. The one that combined with the backspace key let you navigate through the slides manually. And the quick slideshow could be started/stopped by other key, as for example the tab key.
You don't like the arrow keys??
Pierre.
Clo
XnThusiast

Why two?

Post by Clo »

:arrow: Pierre

:) Hello !

- I rather agree with Muchacha Grande, I miss the space-bar for the next file too… We have also the Pause key to launch / stop the Quick Slide show; so, why two commands for the same function?
- It's true : the most viewers use the space-bar for the next file, and it's very handy…

:mrgreen: K R
Claude
Clo
Old user ON SELECTIVE STRIKE till further notice
Dreamer
XnThusiast

Post by Dreamer »

I suggest this "6 in 1" option: (I'll copy it to "Requests" forum, please don't reply here)

Use Space key to:

- Start/Stop Quick Slide Show with transition effects (leave Pause key option as is - without t.e.)
- Start/Stop Quick Slide Show without transition effects
- Start/Stop Random Quick Slide Show with transition effects
- Start/Stop Random Quick Slide Show without transition effects
- Switch to the Next file
- Switch to the Random file

(Most of these requests have been already requested)

Edit: direct link to this request

Edit2: "4 in 1" option became a "6 in 1" option

xnview wrote:You don't like the arrow keys??
I like the arrow keys, but the problem is that there's no way to scroll enlarged images then (there is already request for NumPad keys here (see just the first post)).
helmut

Post by helmut »

Dreamer wrote:...
xnview wrote:You don't like the arrow keys??
I like the arrow keys, but the problem is that there's no way to scroll enlarged images then (there is already request for NumPad keys here (see just the first post)).
I second this. Arrow keys should be for scrolling in image (by default).