Use smaller hides embedded icon.

Bugs and Suggestions in XnView Classic which have been resolved

Moderators: XnTriq, xnview

Post Reply
marsh
XnThusiast
Posts: 2443
Joined: Sun May 15, 2005 6:31 am

Use smaller hides embedded icon.

Post by marsh » Wed Dec 20, 2006 8:42 am

<Moderator's note: This topic has been split from another topic>
jens116 wrote:I'm still missing the important possibility to update und create embedded thumbnails in jpg-picture files.

Unfortunately I always have to go back to the good old EXIFER.
It seems possible:
Create thumbnail using Browser>Menu... Edit>Metadata>Recreate EXIF thumbnail.

Bug: Thumbnail is not created when the "Create thumbnail from original image if..." sub-option is checked.
--->New/Open
Last edited by marsh on Wed Dec 20, 2006 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
xnview
Author of XnView
Posts: 31261
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2003 7:31 am
Location: France
Contact:

Re: Update and create embedded thumbnails

Post by xnview » Wed Dec 20, 2006 9:08 am

marsh wrote:Bug: Thumbnail is not created when the "Create thumbnail from original image if..." sub-option is checked.
--->New/Open
Which thumbnail? When you create embedded thumb?
Pierre.

marsh
XnThusiast
Posts: 2443
Joined: Sun May 15, 2005 6:31 am

Re: Update and create embedded thumbnails

Post by marsh » Wed Dec 20, 2006 9:10 am

xnview wrote:
marsh wrote:Bug: Thumbnail is not created when the "Create thumbnail from original image if..." sub-option is checked.
--->New/Open
Which thumbnail? When you create embedded thumb?
Embedded thumbnail icon is not shown when that sub-option is used. I created embedded thumbnail where one didn't exist before only with sub-option unchecked.
1696_x_2272.jpg 160_x_120 thumbnail settings.

User avatar
xnview
Author of XnView
Posts: 31261
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2003 7:31 am
Location: France
Contact:

Re: Update and create embedded thumbnails

Post by xnview » Wed Dec 20, 2006 9:39 am

marsh wrote:
xnview wrote:
marsh wrote:Bug: Thumbnail is not created when the "Create thumbnail from original image if..." sub-option is checked.
--->New/Open
Which thumbnail? When you create embedded thumb?
Embedded thumbnail icon is not shown when that sub-option is used. I created embedded thumbnail where one didn't exist before only with sub-option unchecked.
1696_x_2272.jpg 160_x_120 thumbnail settings.
On a file with no embedded thumbnail, you use 'Create thumbnail', and the thumbnail icon is not shown in thumbnail list??
Pierre.

marsh
XnThusiast
Posts: 2443
Joined: Sun May 15, 2005 6:31 am

Re: Update and create embedded thumbnails

Post by marsh » Wed Dec 20, 2006 9:44 am

xnview wrote:
marsh wrote:
xnview wrote: Which thumbnail? When you create embedded thumb?
Embedded thumbnail icon is not shown when that sub-option is used. I created embedded thumbnail where one didn't exist before only with sub-option unchecked.
1696_x_2272.jpg 160_x_120 thumbnail settings.
On a file with no embedded thumbnail, you use 'Create thumbnail', and the thumbnail icon is not shown in thumbnail list??
Exactly. Perhaps '[x]Create thumbnail from original image if embedded thumbnail is smaller than thumbnail size' hides embedded icon.

User avatar
xnview
Author of XnView
Posts: 31261
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2003 7:31 am
Location: France
Contact:

Re: Update and create embedded thumbnails

Post by xnview » Wed Dec 20, 2006 9:50 am

marsh wrote:Exactly. Perhaps '[x]Create thumbnail from original image if embedded thumbnail is smaller than thumbnail size' hides embedded icon.
Could you send me a file used?
Pierre.

marsh
XnThusiast
Posts: 2443
Joined: Sun May 15, 2005 6:31 am

Re: Update and create embedded thumbnails

Post by marsh » Wed Dec 20, 2006 9:51 am

xnview wrote:
marsh wrote:Exactly. Perhaps '[x]Create thumbnail from original image if embedded thumbnail is smaller than thumbnail size' hides embedded icon.
Could you send me a file used?
Sent.

jens116
Posts: 36
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2005 8:38 am

Re: Update and create embedded thumbnails

Post by jens116 » Wed Dec 20, 2006 11:01 am

xnview wrote:Which thumbnail? When you create embedded thumb?
I need this function for images of scanners, for digital zoomed shots or for rotated shots.

I believe some people misunderstood me. I would not like to produce thumbnails on the browser surface of XnView, but write one into the existing image file as EXIF data.

marsh
XnThusiast
Posts: 2443
Joined: Sun May 15, 2005 6:31 am

Re: Update and create embedded thumbnails

Post by marsh » Wed Dec 20, 2006 12:02 pm

jens116 wrote:
xnview wrote:Which thumbnail? When you create embedded thumb?
I need this function for images of scanners, for digital zoomed shots or for rotated shots.

I believe some people misunderstood me. I would not like to produce thumbnails on the browser surface of XnView, but write one into the existing image file as EXIF data.
I made mistake thinking that was possible.
I accidentally shrunk my sample's embedded thumbnail, so its icon became hidden.
The original topic is at "Info/Feedback" (without this confusing follow-up).

Post Reply