Microsoft updates *facepalm*

All non-XnView related: softwares, formats, imaging, photography...

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

bdragon

Microsoft updates *facepalm*

Post by bdragon »

this night another update has been pushed, in response to the latest planetary hacker attack of june 27. It was made the very same day and it shows.

KB4022716(OS Build 15063.447)

It breaks several third party antiviruses and firewalls.

And breaks them really bad "can't login unless you already have a local account" kind of broken bad.

In fact it breaks microsoft's own browsers too. One of the "known issues" with this update is that IE and edge will crash upon visiting "complex" sites. Stated by microsoft itself. Yes, this means Chrome's download widget (it uses an IE api) in case you need to know.

i [CENSORED] well hope they know what they are doing. I did not sign up for any beta program.

So basically, in order to protect myself from an hacker attack i did not sustain because my firewall was up, i'm now forced to uninstall my firewall and search for a new firewall, otherwise my computer will be unable to restart next time i restart it.

I think that at Microsoft they should [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] and also [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED].

Thank you for listening.
bdragon

Re: Microsoft updates *facepalm*

Post by bdragon »

On a side note. I just found this morning that windows update tried to force a microsoft update for C++ 2012 version

But. The company name was written in russian ( kopпopaция Maйкpocoфт ), so it got auto-flagged and could not install.

Did anybody else find such an update? It seems weird. Could be yet another attack. Could be just microsoft putting down a patch without double checking the language options. (would not be the first time)
XnTriq
Moderator & Librarian

Post by XnTriq »

bdragon wrote:But. The company name was written in russian ( kopпopaция Maйкpocoфт ), so it got auto-flagged and could not install.

Did anybody else find such an update?
From 2015: Found "kopпopaция Maйкpocoфт" Don't know what it is
bdragon wrote:I think that at Microsoft they should [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] and also [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED].
Fully agree \-:
bdragon

Post by bdragon »

I don't see an official microsoft reply on that post. Does anybody else in this forum have that update in their hard drives? I'm counting on the fact that since the developer is french and i'm italian, it might be an update pushed to the central or western europe and thus a few more people in here might have noticed it.

Either that or it's yet another hacker attack. But today i went out and left the pc running 3 scans in batch sequence from 3 different antiviruses to check for weird stuff. Aside from the cracks for the stuff i own, it found nothing suspicious.

On a side note i have yet to be reminded once again that i have cracks for the programs i buy because some people just do not seem to understand that if you have to work and you change a piece of your computer due to a malfunction.... then you should not have to wait 2 weeks, halting your basic sustenance in the process, for the customer service to understand that you cannot work anymore because your net card got too heated and started malfunctioning or you had to change the USP because the battery was getting sub optimal. Stuff breaks all the time, why should i ever stop working just because something broke and your draconian DRM (you evil company, whomever you are out there somewhere) does not understand it?

I understand there are idiots that just love to set the world on fire, and sell their licenses to multiple people.... but why should i pay for it?!
XnTriq
Moderator & Librarian

Post by XnTriq »

bdragon wrote:I don't see an official microsoft reply on that post.
Also no response from Redmond:
bdragon

Post by bdragon »

Well it did not install as i said, as it got flagged before installing and it was prevented from installing. It did download. But it seems that just downloading is not enough as 3 different scanners found nothing malicious.

I used Comodo, Spybot and Malwarebytes, usually only comodo is on active scan duty, the others i just use for scans "on the call" like in this case or for passive protections like Spybot's "hosts" file tampering.
Drahken

Post by Drahken »

This is an excellent example of why I refuse to touch win10 and it's inexcusable forced updates bullshit.
Oh the feuhrer, oh the feuhrer, oh the feuhrer's nipples bonk!
cday
XnThusiast

Post by cday »

Drahken wrote:This is an excellent example of why I refuse to touch win10 and it's inexcusable forced updates bullshit.
I have put Linux on my new laptop I use when I'm not at home... :D