Grand Theft Auto 5 (GTA V) rockstar games

All non-XnView related: softwares, formats, imaging, photography...

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

budz45
XnThusiast

Grand Theft Auto 5 (GTA V) rockstar games

Post by budz45 »

Here are my screenshots from the first released trailer of this highly anticipated video game:

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

RUMOURS (as of 25th Jan 2012)

http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/121/1211366p1.html
http://www.gameranx.com/updates/id/3553 ... ournalist/

LEAKED INFO:
1: The game world is absolutely massive and will push both xbox and PS3 to the very limit in terms of what it has accomplished. Yes, the main city is simply Los Santos however is it AT LEAST 4 times bigger than Liberty City in GTA 4 and that is just Los Santos. The surrounding country side, beaches, etc are massive. For instance, we saw the main character ( an African/American, early 30's) travel by car from the center of Los Santos into the wildnerness and it took over 15 minutes. The views were incredible from farmhouses with cattle, huge wind farms, an oil refinery which appeared to be living and breathing with nearly 100 NPCs working on machinery, operating vehicles, lifting and loaded, etc, unlike the gas works in GTA 4 which seemed to only house a few NPC at a time. The forests are more beautiful than those in RDR and featured people camping, young NPC drinking and dancing around campfires, people riding dirt bikes and jumping over logs, streams, etc. The water effects, forna, plants, trees all looked beautiful.

2: The shooting mechanics have been greatly improved with animations for diving, climbing, rolling and crawling all added for better realism. The re-loading animations for new ammo also look cooler, less static.

3: There is much more climbable elements in the world such as ladders, overhand climbing, etc.

4: There are animals in the game from dogs to cattle but at this time it is not confirmed if you will be able to harm the animals. Rockstar were able to get away with it in RDR as it was a true depiction of the world in which the game was set. Allowing dogs/cattle to die in a game sent in current times may cause headaches with PETA. Its unclear if Rockstar were joking here.

5: There are planes to pilot and they can be crashed into buildings if you choose to do so....

6: Rockstar have included many, many more interior locations such as a shopping mall, college campus, police station, a huge hospital and there is also a vast underground sewer network which one mission later in the game involves a jet ski chase that culminates in a Fugitive-esque waterfall jump ( there are nods to the ridiculous but awesome Ballad Of Gay Tony missions)

7: The city is full of NPCs jogging, weight-lifting, hitting on women, being chased on foot by cops, shopping, washing cars, fixing fences, moving home, filling up their cars, etc.

REAL JUICY INFO:

1: Cars can be upgraded/repaired and it has been considered to have a car have fuel forcing the player to fill her up.

2: The dating aspect of the game is gone. You still have a cell-phone but only people you will meet in the game will call you to ask you to do a mission or to ask you to do something else before the mission.

3: Weapons include the usual arsenal you'd aspect but the flamethrowers, remote mines, laxer trip mines and claymores are included. It is possible now to pick up random objects in a street/buidling to use as a weapon. There is also a museam where it is possible to steal old age swords, axes, etc.

4: it is possible to rupture a fuel line and if you shot at the trail of gasoline it will lead straight back to the car blowing it up.

5: mini games such as bowling, darts, etc have all gone. You can play basketball, weight train, arm wrestle, gamble and cage fight, enter triatholons, water races, cannoing, ab-saling, rock climbing, base jumping, ski diving. More to be confirmed.

6: Character customisation is back but only in terms of clothing, body weight, etc. The player you start off which, much like CJ, can't be altered by race, age, height, etc.

7: Rockstar said burglary missions may return but only as part of missions and not on neigbourhood houses.

8: No children NPC at all. Ever.

9: There is now an ability to grab people and use as sheilds or in "hostage" situations.

10: The cops are much, much, much more realistic. If you kill somebody when you know there are no cops around you will not run the risk of a one star as often as you would in GTA4. The cops will use smoke and tear gas, dogs, riot gear and rams to knock down the doors of buildings you are hiding in.

11: You can enter some buildings and lock doors, push objects in the way to barricade.

12: You become better at things as the game progresses. If you only ride motorbikes then you will increase your skills, same as individual weapons.

13: Certain weapons can be customisable and some even home-made.

14: One mission involves breaking out a very familiar GTA icon from a previous game...

15: Torrential rain fall and sunshine and even tremors will appear in the game.
All My Topics || my 'MP' Topics
My own Bookmarked topics--->for me only
budz45
XnThusiast

Re: Grand Theft Auto 5 (GTA V) rockstar games

Post by budz45 »

Rumour originally from GameSpot forums:
1. The protagonist will be one character, and one character alone. His name is (as some rumours said) Albert De Silva. He's a half hispanic man who was once part of a crime family in Vice City. He decided to settle down and have kids in Los Santos. He has one son called Kevin De Silva who is your stereotypical CoD player. He's lazy, useless and shouts racial abuse online and is really into FPS games. Kevin does admire his Dad though.

2. Multiplayer will hold 32 people on the Xbox and PS3. I wasn't told how many were able to be on the PC. Just like in RDR, players will be able to form Gangs. These gangs are not ranked through XP anymore, but via Reputation. Instead of gang hideouts, you can do jobs that range from robbing a launderette to breaking into a military base and stealing state-of-the-art weaponary. The Gang leader has much more control over his or her gang by being able to rank members of their gang and setting more specific objectives to specific members of their gang. Gangs can have their own terratory but this only applies to areas inside the city of Los Santos.

3. The map is about 5x as large as the GTA IV map and the City of Los Santos takes up just under half of this area (so it's a bit bigger than 2 GTA IV Liberty Cities).
The map is (like most GTAs) seperated into three different sections. 4. Planes are flyable, they range from World War 2 fighter planes to Private Jets.

5. Cars and guns are customisable to an extent, for example, you can cusomise a gun to have a supressor on it and you can install nitrous into cars.

Here's some stuff you might like:

1. The protagonist is the "rich guy" from the GTA V debut trailer. You get to learn more about this man in the second when he talks about his troubles. You only see the protagonist twice in the trailer. First time is the side of his face and second time is when he is driving a Deceptor (Audi R8). The people robbing the jewellery store are just with the protagonist. He is driving the van ready to get away.

2. Gunfights are more realistic. When you are shooting a gun out of a window of a car, depending on how fast it's going you will have troubles aiming due to shaking cameras.

3. The game is due in May 2013. A more specific date has not been decided because the game is still needing 6 months to be fully developed. They will have a playable demo at E3.

4. Police chases are now way more than either running or driving. Depending on how wanted you are, police may bring out riot shields and flash bangs. 5. When someone reaches 4 star wanted level, there will be a radio warning on some stations.

6. Radio stations now do traffic reports that are actually correct. So if you don't know what route to take, you can check the traffic reports on your phone or the radio. 7. The in-game TV now has many more channels

8. The protagonist DOES NOT die unlike in the last two Rockstar games.

9. The underworld actually has a working economy that you can contribute too by buying and selling drugs, weapons and illegal cars in single player.

10. The protagonist can take drugs which will have some effects. But smoking weed on the streetwalk will lead to getting a one star wanted level.

11. Police cars will go after you if you're obviousely breaking the speed limit. Having high speed crashes will also damage your health.

Wanted levels:

1 star - police follow you on foot and try to make an arrest. No sirens, no car chases (unless you are speeding).

2 star - police will still attempt to make an arrest. If a weapon is drawn then the police will begin opening fire. Police will use stun guns if a weapon is not drawn.

3 star - Chases begin and the police don't care how they stop you, they just want to do it.

4 star - road traps, radio stations and much more hostile police.Even when you have evaded them, they will still search for 24 in-game hours for someone matching your description.

5 star - shoot to kill, arrest only if it's made very possible. Even when you have evaded them, they will still search for 48 in-game hours for someone matching your description. Few missions become unavailable if you are wanted.

6 star - military vehicles come after you. Even when you have evaded them, they will still search for 72 in-game hours for someone matching your description. Some missions become unavailable if you are wanted.
budz45
XnThusiast

Post by budz45 »

More latest screenshots:

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
budz45
XnThusiast

Post by budz45 »

More rumours
You’ll play as 42 year old Albert DeSilva, a half-American, half-Puerto Rican US citizen with an ex-wife and two children.

Breaking Bad is a subtle reference with Albert turning to crime late in his life.

You’ll also play as Dougie Vejo who is a younger criminal living in Los Santos.

Grove Street will appear in the game, but Carl and Sweet will not.

Albert lost his money in a ‘ponzi scheme’ and this is his prime concern.

Players will be able to customize clothes/hair/facial hair, but there won’t be any gyms or tattoos.

There could be characters from GTA 4. The article hints ‘one or more’ may show up.

Car customization will be back, but this could just focused on Dougie’s character (although this could also be connected with Albert’s mid-life crisis).

You’ll be able to play mini-games such as golf, tennis and surfing.

The mission played for the GameInformer cover was called ‘Alimony’ and featured the scene from the trailer where characters robbed a jewellery store.

Songs confirmed are: My Michelle: Guns & Roses, Magic Power: Triumph, California Dreaming: The Beach Boys and Beautiful: Snoop Dog (featuring Pharrell).
New leaked locations of GTA V (collectibles for customers that pre-order)

Image Image Image Image Image

===================================================================

===================================================================

Promotional art-work

Image Image

Image Image
budz45
XnThusiast

Post by budz45 »

Protagonists are listed as “Michael”, “Trevor” and “Franklin”
Protagonists live miles apart – play can switch between each of them – at any time – using a “radial dial”
Swtiching only works when not on a designated mission
Players can use all three protagonists to work together in heist missions
Each character has exclusive mini-games to take part in outside of missions
There will be “no major names” voicing the protagonists
Rockstar has confirmed players should “not expect” to see CJ or Tommy Vercetti as they would be like “mythical characters” in Los Santos
Mobile phones will return
Dyamic missions, like the random ones from Red Dead: Redemption, will appear to GTA V
The city is one large expansive area, instead of broken down islands
Los Santos is bigger than the worlds in Red Dead: Redemption, GTA IV and GTA: San Andreas combined
Areas include Beach fronts, military bases, Mt. Chiliad and a “fully detailed ocean floor”
The ocean floor provides “the same attention” as the above land with deep ravines, rocky canyons, coral beds and more to explore
The draw distance in GTA IV was “about 1.5km”, GTA V aims to render “the most distant mountains… many many miles away”
GTA V will see the return of Ammu-nation
Driving has been revamped with new physics
Shooting has evolved with Rockstar claiming there’s an evolution in “how you play the game”
GTA V "evolves nearly every mechanic, features the biggest world in series history and introduces a new technology that radically changes the way players control the game.
Three main characters are called Michael, Trevor and Frankie.
A quick menu can be called up to switch characters, the camera pulls away into a Google Earth-style vantage point and then drops into wherever the chosen character is
Trevor is described as having a "maniacal personality"
Trevor is in Blaine County, a barren, rundown desert region filled with bikers, meth heads and other people from the fringes of society
Characters can "flick off" people and people react differently depending on the area. In a rough-and-tumble neighbourhood the reaction will be different from someone in a posh boutique store
Rockstar's playtester pours a trail of gas away from a vehicle and drops a zippo lighter on it, the flame travels back and causes a huge explosion.
Franklin is seen on Vespucci Beach looking for a car he's to repossess
Waterfront activities include a muscle beach gym
He drops the top of the car once he gets in
Ammu-Nation is back
Each character has his own personality motivation and skill set
They go about their daily business when you're not in control, so you might find them in surprising situations when you take control of them again
Each character has a fleshed out story arc
Complicated, multi-tiered heist missions inspired by GTA IV's Three Leaf Clover are "peppered" into the game
Heists are a big theme
Rockstar is addressing mission diversity in pairing characters, it showed off a mission involving all three characters
The trio need to perform a snatch-and-grab to get the FIB off their backs
Trevor berates security agent guarding a chopper, Michael urges him to calm down but he keeps running his mouth, he only agreed to do the mission in exchange for help springing his friend Brad out of jail.
Franklin isn't to comfortable with Trevor
The three change outfits and[..]ll down the side of a skyscraper, when they arrive players take control of Michael[..]lling down, the mechanic is reminiscent of Rainbow Six Vegas
The musical score seems to react to the action
They extract the target by holding him hostage with one arm while pointing a gun at interrogators with the other, at that point an icon appears giving the player the option to switch character
You can stay as Michael and try and pick of the enemies or select franklin, switch to his perspective and snipe them from afar.
Transition is smooth and camera angle helps you adjust
During the chase through Los Santos the player can switch to Trevor to pilot the getaway, snipe the other pilots as Franklin, or fire an[..]ault rifle out the back of a chopper as Michael
Rockstar is leveraging cinematic tricks learned from Max Payne 3
http://www.nowgamer.com/news/1670862/gt ... _here.html
budz45
XnThusiast

Post by budz45 »

New preview screens

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Last edited by budz45 on Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
budz45
XnThusiast

Post by budz45 »

Trailer #2 released on Nov 14th 2012

GTA IV vs GTA V graphics comparison gallery:
http://imgur.com/a/ZeVTP#5

http://www.product-reviews.net/2012/11/ ... -rockstar/

trailer #2 screenshots + other screenshots;
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

More here: http://www.cinemablend.com/games/GTA-V- ... 49139.html
EDIT:With new consoles from Microsoft and Sony reportedly being readied to ship as early as late next year, some may wonder why Rockstar Games is releasing Grand Theft Auto V on current technology instead of future platforms. According to company cofounder Dan Houser, 2013 is a perfect time.

"Rockstar is a content company, not a hardware company," Houser said in the latest issue of Japanese gaming magazine Famitsu (via Polygon). "We use the technology we have to create content, and we try not to let ourselves get beholden to the hardware. The fact that hardware's so mature right now is exactly why we're able to go on to the next level."

Houser added that 2008's Grand Theft Auto IV was Rockstar's first try at development for high-definition visuals, and he called part of this development "seriously difficult." Now, Rockstar understands what the technology is capable of, and the company only stands to benefit, Houser said.

"All the best games for a console come out at the end of the lifecycle, right?"
"GTA: San Andreas came out at the peak of the PlayStation 2's cycle, and we put out a really good game thanks to that. All the best games for a console come out at the end of the lifecycle, right? So now's the best timing of all," he said.

Rockstar Games has confirmed that GTAV will ship for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 during spring 2013.
budz45
XnThusiast

Post by budz45 »

GTA 5: New Screens Show Off Jets, Diving & Submarines

============================================================

Image Image

============================================================

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
budz45
XnThusiast

Post by budz45 »

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Official Cover Art (released by Rockstar Games on April 2nd 2013)
budz45
XnThusiast

Post by budz45 »

Image Image Image Image

budz45
XnThusiast

Post by budz45 »

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
budz45
XnThusiast

Post by budz45 »

artwork

Image Image

-------------------------------

news article

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2013/07 ... 40142.html
budz45
XnThusiast

Post by budz45 »

Grand Theft Auto V: Official Gameplay Video - YouTube (since July 9th 2013)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-xHcvug3WI
According to details extracted via fan forums, there will be 15 species of wild animal in the game, all of which can be hunted, although reasons for hunting them are yet to be disclosed.

The player will have a pet of their own - a dog named Chop, who is customisable with interchangeable collars and other accessories. It will apparently be possible to lose Chop if gamers are negligent.

The article also discussed a vast improvement to the game's animations, saying that each of the three main characters have been given their own walk animations to differentiate them.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/41 ... confirmed/
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
budz45
XnThusiast

Post by budz45 »

...Dogs can die or disappear on the owner, and new pets can be purchased at Los Santos’ different pet stores.

...Gamers can also offer rides to hitchhikers “and then leave them in their ideal destination” after giving them a free ride.

....GTA 5 will allow gamers playing as Michael to steal ATMs through an optional minigame, while these machines can be used to check a character’s balance...

In terms of in-game battles with the bad guys, Push Start says gamers “will be able to drill a gas tank, drive the car into a group of enemies, then run and catch the trail to blow the car into the air.”

...the hunting element was also covered, as it would also be possible to sell meat obtained from hunted animals to factories or farms, before they are “bought by Burger Shot.”

...Other gameplay details mentioned by Push Start include underwater missions as part of another minigame (or a “game apart”, as described by Rockstar Games).

...as Franklin (the repo man) starts out the game working for an Armenian “crappy” named Simeon Yetaria.

source: http://www.usdailyvoice.com/internet-ca ... payne.html