v0.6.1 (15.Oct.2018) wrote:+ added support for Gimp 2.10 in the plugin installer
* fixed a bug in batch mode where in certain conditions optimized files don’t get written
* fixed memory leak when opening the batch window, which also caused Access Violation in host applications if used as plugin
* fixed issue with saving of zoom factor
* fixed default batch window size not showing Settings button in certain situations
* fixed Compress to Size button not always enabled when needed
* minor UI fixes
– removed feature to toggle “Report file size changes” from batch settings. It is on by default
– removed menu item for Help Context. Docs will be moved to the website
[+] 64 bit version, allowing bigger images to be processed (>50 MP)
[!] improved compression with up to 30% for jpeg images
[+] decoding support for jpeg images using arithmetic coding
[+] improved PE security with DEP and ASLR
[!] the AVX2 instruction set for the 64bit version should provide better performance on larger images
[!] the 32 bit version is gonna be deprecated (probably the last 32 bit release)
[*] fixed display of optiized size in higher text dpi settings
[*] using less memory after the image is analyzed
[*] other minor fixes & tweaks
Note that you need the 64bit version of the host applications too.
XNViewMP comes as 64bit and 32bit, so technically the 32bit version should work with the 32bit version of the plugin.
The installer should detect GIMP 2.10 and XNViewMP. If you used portable versions, you need to manually choose the Plugins/Addons folder.
The installer is now HiDPI aware, and the text will look crisp on such displays.
Note: IrfanView has discontinued support for RIOT. The IrfanView author insists on bundling RIOT and insists on certain size/structure of the plugin. If you want RIOT back you can write him to request to add back the support and not care about the size or structure of RIOT.