Ximagic Quantizer

All non-XnView related: softwares, formats, imaging, photography...

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

brodriguez

Re: Ximagic Quantizer

Post by brodriguez »

eL_PuSHeR wrote:I have found a nice way of crashing the GrayDither plugin: if you create several custom dithers (from image) and then try to delete them fast, GrayDither will surely crash.
I found a bug in the delete button of both, Quantizer and GrayDither, which didn't really delete the dither, but I was not able to crash the plugins.
Testing the delete of user dithers, I also found a bug which crash Quantizer when neuquant is used with very small images (less than 400 pixels) but this is not aplicable to GrayDither.

Perhaps your crash is a consequence of the failure in the delete button. :?

Can you test the new version (v 2.6.2) of GrayDither for the crash ? :wink:

Thanks. :D
eL_PuSHeR

Post by eL_PuSHeR »

It still hangs on me. Using PSP X, it throws and unknown error

1. Open any image in PSP
2.- Call the Graydither filter
3.- Select User filters and hit the delete button repeatedly. Of course, several custom filters were displayed.

OK. After reloading, two custom filters appeared (before they were six or more). I deleted one, exit, deleted the other, exit and vòila, there were no more custom filters in dropdown list. Something is still wrong, I presume.
Intel i7 5960X
Gigabye GA-X99-Gaming 5
8 GB DDR4 (2100)
GeForce GTX 970 (Gigabyte)
brodriguez

Post by brodriguez »

eL_PuSHeR wrote:OK. After reloading, two custom filters appeared (before they were six or more). I deleted one, exit, deleted the other, exit and vòila, there were no more custom filters in dropdown list. Something is still wrong, I presume.
I've published v 2.6.3 with another patch in the user threshold stuff and a new confirm dialog in the delete button.

I hope now the user defined thresholds works as expected. :?:

Thanks for your tests. :D
eL_PuSHeR

Post by eL_PuSHeR »

I had four custom screens. After deleting two of them, it hanged again on me when pressing DELETE button (and confirm) for the third time, although it really deleted the three.

I am wondering if you really need to select the custom screen to delete manually before hitting the delete button. Does it matter?
Intel i7 5960X
Gigabye GA-X99-Gaming 5
8 GB DDR4 (2100)
brodriguez

Post by brodriguez »

eL_PuSHeR wrote:I had four custom screens. After deleting two of them, it hanged again on me when pressing DELETE button (and confirm) for the third time, although it really deleted the three.
It seems this issue is going to be a difficult one. :(
Could you please send me the screens ? I need to reproduce your problem in order to identify and solve it.
eL_PuSHeR wrote:I am wondering if you really need to select the custom screen to delete manually before hitting the delete button. Does it matter?
What do you mean ?
A.- Selecting the pattern in the combo box -> If the selected pattern is the one you want to delete you don't need to select it again.
B.- Selecting "User Defined" radio button -> You don't need to select it.
C.- Selecting "Threshold dithering" check box -> Actually you need to select it to enable the buttons, it seems clearer than maintain the buttons and the combobox enabled.
eL_PuSHeR

Post by eL_PuSHeR »

I will try to describe what I am doing for triggering the error:

1.- Launch Paint Shop Pro X
2.- Open any image for invoking the Plugin, usually Graydither. Tested with Quantizer too.
3.- Several custom filters can be seen. Without touching anything (not pulling down the window either), I hit the delete button.
4.- Current (displayed filter) in drop down list is deleted. List automatically advances and another filter is listed.
5.- I hit the delete button again.
6.- Again, this filter is deleted and it's replaced on the drop down list by another one.
7.- I hit the delete button and PSP X crashed with an unknown error on the output window.

Small update: Trying at work's computer, it didn't hang but, there were just two filters (less than three).

Updated 2: Injected four filters again and deleted them in a row. No hangs so far (this is my computer at work). Could it be related to old-custom-filters leftovers in some way?. I will try at my home computer later again.
Intel i7 5960X
Gigabye GA-X99-Gaming 5
8 GB DDR4 (2100)
brodriguez

Post by brodriguez »

eL_PuSHeR wrote:Updated 2: Injected four filters again and deleted them in a row. No hangs so far (this is my computer at work). Could it be related to old-custom-filters leftovers in some way?. I will try at my home computer later again.
Could be.

The user thresholds are stored as subkeys of
HKEY_CURRENT_USER//Software//Ximagic//GrayDither//Thresholds
HKEY_CURRENT_USER//Software//Ximagic//Quantizer//Thresholds

The number of subkeys should match the number of user thresholds.

Could you please review the windows registry of your home computer :?:
eL_PuSHeR

Post by eL_PuSHeR »

It seems registry is synched (empty) now. Maybe some cleaning registry tool messed up with it. I will report back if more hangups occur.
Intel i7 5960X
Gigabye GA-X99-Gaming 5
8 GB DDR4 (2100)
brodriguez

Post by brodriguez »

sky_is_the_limit wrote:2. lloyd algorithms is defined for greay-scale images? What algorithm did you implemented in your package for color images?
The K-means algorithm (or Lloyd's)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/K-means_clustering
can be used in any n-dimensional space, you just needs a function which give you the distance between two points.
eL_PuSHeR

Post by eL_PuSHeR »

Good day. I have found what it seems to be a bug in Quantizer.

When reducing colours to 4 using Octree (2 passes) and some sort of error-diffusion, I get a one colour image, that is a block of solid colour.

Can anyone confirm? Tested using Corel Paint Shop Photo Pro X3.
Intel i7 5960X
Gigabye GA-X99-Gaming 5
8 GB DDR4 (2100)
brodriguez

Post by brodriguez »

Yes, I can confirm it :(

There is a bug in the octree method. The problem appears with less than 8 colors, with or without error diffusion and with or without 2-pass.

Thanks for the feedback, I'll work on this bug asap.
eL_PuSHeR

Post by eL_PuSHeR »

Thanks! Keep up the good work.
Intel i7 5960X
Gigabye GA-X99-Gaming 5
8 GB DDR4 (2100)
XnTriq
Moderator & Librarian

Post by XnTriq »

Ximagic Quantizer Changelog wrote:
  • v3.0.0 (29/Mar/2011)
    • New UI design
    • Added automatic saved previews
    • Added 64 bit support for Mac
XnTriq
Moderator & Librarian

Post by XnTriq »

Changelog wrote:
v 3.1.0 28-Apr-2011
  • Added smart filter support (CS3/CS4/CS5)
  • Win- Patch- Editing numeric text field doesn't update associated updown control
  • Win- Patch- Crash when closing the plug-in, using OK or Cancel, detected on several editors (PS CS5, GIMP, ...)
v 3.0.2 19-Apr-2011
  • Win- Patch- Crash when closing the plug-in, if a progress bar appears after hitting OK. (detected on PS CS3 + XP)
  • Win- Patch- Disable plug-in window when opening a child window (f.i. progress bar)
  • Win- Patch- Disable double click on title bar
  • Win- Patch- Catch plug-in errors and avoid host crash whenever possible
v 3.0.1 11-Apr-2011
  • Win- Use XP style for UI even if the plug-in host don't use it (f.i. GIMP)
  • Win- Patch - Error in preview paint which could crash the plug-in
  • Win- Tested with new hosts Paint.NET, NiGulp, RealWorld Paint.COM, ImageN.
  • Win- Patch - Plug-ins without product version crash(f.i. Magix Photo Designer)
  • Win- Patch - Workaround for bug in Magix PhotoDesigner when used with a selection mask
  • Mac- Patch - Page scroll don't work as expected where smooth scroll is active
eL_PuSHeR

Post by eL_PuSHeR »

Version 3.2.0 is out.

v 3.2.0 28-Feb-2012

Win/Mac- Patch- Solved issue with floating selections in Photoshop
Win/Mac- Multithreading library updated.
Mac- Huge performance enhancements in some algorithms.
For instance NLM denoise elapsed time down to 50% of previous (32 bit 60% 64 bit 45%)
Mac- Patch- Solved problems in Mac 10.7 (Lion)
Mac- Patch- Crash guards don't work as expected
Mac- Compiler changed.
Mac- Minimum OS X version is now 10.6 (Snow Leopard)
Win- Patch- Crash guards don't work as expected
Win- Added internal CUDA test.
Intel i7 5960X
Gigabye GA-X99-Gaming 5
8 GB DDR4 (2100)