Wheel zoom causes image/cursor re-position

Bugs found in XnView Classic. Please report only one bug per topic!

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

PaulJayD

Wheel zoom causes image/cursor re-position

Post by PaulJayD »

I've just abandoned Irfanview for XnView, and am getting used to the differences.
The primary reason for the switch is the ability to zoom only with the mouse wheel. This is imperative for me.
However, I find that if the image being zoomed is not full-height or full-width, the zoom causes the image to re-position under the cursor.
I find this jarring and disconcerting.
Is there anyway to keep the same image pixel(s) beneath the cursor (and of course, the cursor in the same place on the screen) when zooming, regardless of the zoomed image size?
cday
XnThusiast

Re: Wheel zoom causes image/cursor re-position

Post by cday »

PaulJayD wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 4:42 pm I've just abandoned Irfanview for XnView, and am getting used to the differences.
The primary reason for the switch is the ability to zoom only with the mouse wheel. This is imperative for me.
However, I find that if the image being zoomed is not full-height or full-width, the zoom causes the image to re-position under the cursor.
I find this jarring and disconcerting.
Is there anyway to keep the same image pixel(s) beneath the cursor (and of course, the cursor in the same place on the screen) when zooming, regardless of the zoomed image size?

Would setting View > Auto image size > Fit image to window satisfactorily meet your needs?
Anibina

Re: Wheel zoom causes image/cursor re-position

Post by Anibina »

View > Auto image size > Fit image to window

does not resolve this issue.

Here's another report about this same issue, that includes a screen recording.

Zoom to/from the mouse pointer at any zoom level
viewtopic.php?f=60&t=40860