blp display issue

Bugs found in XnView Classic. Please report only one bug per topic!

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

Wain

blp display issue

Post by Wain »

Thanks for your work - this application is fantastic :)

I regularly use XNView to view .blp images (Blizzard image files). But recently I noticed some issues (in Windows 10, regular install version):

- if I open a blp from outside the application, XNView won't display the image. Instead it opens a window with a file list for the folder that the image is in.
- if I open a blp from inside the application (from XNView's file browser) it will display the image, but sometimes when I go to close the image it hangs for maybe 10 seconds. If I try again later it seems to close immediately, so I don't understand what's going on there.

So it looks like it's having problems handling .blp files now. It never used to do this.

- These aren't new blps, these are old files that used to work properly, so it's not the image files.

- I also deleted my user settings but that didn't fix the issue, so I don't think it's corrupted settings.

- in the file browser window it will display the blp image preview just fine. If I display thumbnails it will display thumbnails for blp images just fine, too.

I just updated to the latest version, 2.46, from 2.45, so maybe that's the issue?

Thanks for your help :)

Wayne
Wain

Re: blp display issue

Post by Wain »

OK, please ignore the first part. I completely uninstalled the XNView, erased my settings again and reinstalled it (full version this time) and now it opens blp images properly. So I don't know what went wrong the first time during upgrading.

I still find it hangs for a short while (maybe 10 seconds) while closing images, though, which it never used to do. The image disappears immediately but the empty window hangs for a while.
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

Wain wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:46 pm I still find it hangs for a short while (maybe 10 seconds) while closing images, though, which it never used to do. The image disappears immediately but the empty window hangs for a while.
No big files in the folder? pleasy try to disable options>View>Read ahead?
Pierre.
Wain

Post by Wain »

Thanks for your quick reply!

Unfortunately (or fortunately!) it stopped doing it. I tried emptying the cache but it's still fine. So I'm unsure what was going on :/ Maybe it was some other process on my computer that was interfering, though I don't think so because it continued to do it after rebooting. If it recurs I'll try to troubleshoot it.

Thanks again!

Wayne