Bugs found in XnView Classic. Please report only one bug per topic!

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

wanglin

Post by wanglin »

Last edited by wanglin on Sat May 11, 2019 3:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
xnview
Author of XnView

Re: Vulnerability Report: Vulnerabilities in XnView 2.43

Post by xnview »

yes thanks, i'll check it asap
Pierre.
sunny

Re: Issues in XnView 2.43

Post by sunny »

Hello!
I recently purchased XnView did some testing and have to say that overall impression is very pleasant and satisfactory. The software is very well thought,comfortable to use and interface is very pleasant as well.
However there are some issues what I am having at the moment,but hope that with your help I will be able to get rid of them!
First of all I am experiencing freezing and a crash after double click on the file I expect to open and view in full screen.
It doesn't happen frequently,but I've got three such situations yesterday. Since it is not overly heavy peace of software I am wondering of why it is so?
My machine can't be blamed since it is gamer's laptop and I am using 4 different photography related softwares without any issues.
Secondly - there is very noticeable difference in color rendering between CS6 and XnView.
On CS6 colors are more pronounced,but on XnView nearly about third of it is lost. Why it is so? I couldn't find any color profile setting options on XnView that's why I am asking this question.
So,at the moment this is it! Hope I didn't interrupted too heavily in your workflow and didn't stole so valuable time of yours.
Thanks in advance!
Respectfully Ivar.
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

sunny wrote: However there are some issues what I am having at the moment,but hope that with your help I will be able to get rid of them!
First of all I am experiencing freezing and a crash after double click on the file I expect to open and view in full screen.
It doesn't happen frequently,but I've got three such situations yesterday. Since it is not overly heavy peace of software I am wondering of why it is so?
from jpeg file?
Secondly - there is very noticeable difference in color rendering between CS6 and XnView.
On CS6 colors are more pronounced,but on XnView nearly about third of it is lost. Why it is so? I couldn't find any color profile setting options on XnView that's why I am asking this question.
could you send me a sample file?
Pierre.
sunny

Post by sunny »

From any file!
What sample are you requesting? How can I send you a proof of the fact of freezing after I double click on the file?!.....