Crashes in win 10 cust rotate crop save close viewing window

Bugs found in XnView Classic. Please report only one bug per topic!

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

irony6

Crashes in win 10 cust rotate crop save close viewing window

Post by irony6 »

Crashes in win 10 after cust. rotate, crop, save as same name, close viewing window
just downloaded XnView for Windows version 2.36 hoping that this problem would be resolved but it has not.
This happens almost every time and it's something I do a lot of.
I double click on a photo I need to adjust its rotation using custom rotate, I then trim it using the crop tool, then I select the save icon and save it back as the same name – all is good up until this stage and then when I close the viewing window the program crashes and needs to be restarted.
xnview
Author of XnView

Re: Crashes in win 10 cust rotate crop save close viewing wi

Post by xnview »

could you tell me exactly the way to reproduce?
Pierre.
irony6

Post by irony6 »

ok here is the process, which as I said I do all the time as when I take photos of things I never seem to get it perfectly horizontal or vertical and there is always extraneous material. I just did this this morning and it crashed exactly the same 3 times.

I double click on a photo icon, it opens full-screen in a new tab, I adjust its rotation using custom rotate, I then trim it using the crop tool, then I select the save icon and save it back as the same name (to make this simple before I double click on the photo I copied the file and path to the clipboard, then just paste this back in to the file save as) – all is good up until this stage, the new modified image is saved with the old file name i.e. it replaces it and then when I close the viewing window, or click on the browser tagb, the program crashes and needs to be restarted.

Okay after writing this I just had an idea and I repeated the process but saved it as a different name I just did this twice and there was no problem so it seems to be in saving it back and overwriting the file that has been used as the source of the modification that is causing the problem.

I'm running Windows 10 Pro 64 bit 64.0GB DDR3 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 Intel Core i7 3930K
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

could you try to copy your file in a empty folder, and try again?
Pierre.