All settings are lost

Bugs found in XnView Classic. Please report only one bug per topic!

Moderators: XnTriq, xnview

Post Reply
kx
Posts: 19
Joined: Thu Dec 14, 2006 4:01 am

All settings are lost

Post by kx » Sun Sep 27, 2009 7:51 pm

XnView 1.96.5 Full Version.

I have just opened/closed files one by one... Suddenly for some reason all settings have been reset :!: to default. After opening a file I have found that toolbar and skin are changed to default. Scrolling the mouse wheel didn't move to previous/next file (as I set) but zoomed the current image. I didn't understand why this happened. I have not seen this bug earlier and can't reproduce it again.

XnView is configured to save options as INI in User folder. Fortunately I had a backup of xnview.ini. Now I will do backups of this file more frequently.

PS. Some days ago I have reinstalled XnView 1.95.4 to the current version.
Last edited by kx on Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
xnview
Author of XnView
Posts: 31938
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2003 7:31 am
Location: France
Contact:

Re: All settings are lost

Post by xnview » Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:13 am

kx wrote: PS. Some days ago I have reinstalled XnView 1.95.4 to the current version.
If you install older version on a newer version, you can have a problem with settings...
Pierre.

kx
Posts: 19
Joined: Thu Dec 14, 2006 4:01 am

Re: All settings are lost

Post by kx » Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:50 am

xnview wrote:If you install older version on a newer version, you can have a problem with settings...
Not so. I have uninstalled older version (1.95.4) and installed newer version (1.96.5).

User avatar
xnview
Author of XnView
Posts: 31938
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2003 7:31 am
Location: France
Contact:

Re: All settings are lost

Post by xnview » Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:22 am

kx wrote:
xnview wrote:If you install older version on a newer version, you can have a problem with settings...
Not so. I have uninstalled older version (1.95.4) and installed newer version (1.96.5).
Oh sorry, so it's strange.
Pierre.

Post Reply