I have noticed that when displaying certain TIFF files, XnView renders such dots: Steps to reproduce:
- Download attached TIFF file.
- Expand XnView to whole screen.
- Open the image, choose "Fit image to window height" (or press NumPad3).
- When XnView is not expanded to whole screen, I was not able to reproduce the problem (dots are gone).
- When I zoom in/out the image, the dots are gone.
- When change the canvas height from 1559 to 1560, the dots are gone.
- I have found only few TIFF images that cause such an effect. They all have different density of dots.
Buggy (affected) XnView versions: 2.41, 2.42, 2.43, 2.44
Not buggy XnView versions: 2.35, 2.38, 2.40