Open "Next" file after deleting any file in folder

Ask for help and post your question on how to use XnView Classic.

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

zridling

Open "Next" file after deleting any file in folder

Post by zridling »

Here's the situation:

(1) I'm in thumbnail mode in the XnView browser;
(2) I select a file in the middle of the folder list;
(3) Delete the file.
(4) RESULT: I'm kicked back to the first file in the folder.

What I would like to be able to do is to open any file in the folder, delete it, and have the "next" file in the folder open. Is there a way to do this, or can I file this as an enhancement suggestion for a future version?
- Zaine Ridling
The Great Software List
xnview
Author of XnView

Re: Open "Next" file after deleting any file in fo

Post by xnview »

zridling wrote:Here's the situation:
(1) I'm in thumbnail mode in the XnView browser;
(2) I select a file in the middle of the folder list;
(3) Delete the file.
(4) RESULT: I'm kicked back to the first file in the folder.
What I would like to be able to do is to open any file in the folder, delete it, and have the "next" file in the folder open. Is there a way to do this, or can I file this as an enhancement suggestion for a future version?
Strange, i can't reproduce the problem. Which sort option do you have?
Regards. Pierre.

Post by Guest »

I'm sorting the thumbnails/files by name; and I have "Loop on the file list" and "Go to next image when deleting current" both checked in Options.

Post by Guest »

Even when I uncheck the "Loop on the file list" option, and leave the "Go to next image when deleting current" checked, it still kicks me back to the first image if I open one file in the middle of the list and just delete it. I'm not cycling (using the space bar) to the next image, just deleting the first one I open.
crazytb

Confirmed at Linux

Post by crazytb »

Confimed! At XnView 1.50 for Linux this happens. I don't know about Windows version, and I don't know which version our guest is using.

BTW, I cannot find "Loop on the file list" and "Go to next image when deleting current" options at Linux box.
helmut

Post by helmut »

I've tried to reproduce the problem with XnView 1.65 on Windows 98 FE, but did not succeed. Which XnView version do you use? Which OS?

Perhaps a special option in XnView is set which influences and causes this problem. Could you please send your .ini file to Pierre and/or me?
jingles

Same thing.. (and more)

Post by jingles »

Hey!
I encountered the same issues not just when deleting files, but also when changing from "normal"-mode to browser-mode (by clicking enter)..

- the cursor jumps always to the first element in the directory
- no element is selected!
- but the quick-view in browser-mode shows the right-picture

My XnView is the german-version 1.66
If you need more informations just say something..

Best regards, jingles
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

Anonymous wrote:Even when I uncheck the "Loop on the file list" option, and leave the "Go to next image when deleting current" checked, it still kicks me back to the first image if I open one file in the middle of the list and just delete it. I'm not cycling (using the space bar) to the next image, just deleting the first one I open.
Sorry but on my win2k, all is ok. I don't understand.
Pierre.
Iron

It happens to me too

Post by Iron »

The same thing happens to me here.... XnView 1.66 on Win XP

You double click a picture and go to the view menu but when you come back simply no picture is select! So if you press any arrow key, you´ll go to the first, second... picture.
It happens the same way if you resize a picture, delete other picture, etc...
jingles

Found something out..

Post by jingles »

Hey!
Since there is no solution yet, I probably made a useful discovery:
I browsed my DigiCam with XnView and pressed :ENTER: to watch one image more closer in Fullscreen-Mode. I pressed :ENTER: again to change to Browser-Mode and.. It works! The right thumbnail was selected..

And here's what seems to happen: When I browsed my cam, not all of the thumbnails were already loaded.. Switching between browser and fullscreen seems to work..
Moments later all thumbnails were generated and imagine what happened!
The cursor jumps to the first thumbnail .. It seems that after XnView generated all of the thumbnails, it performs a Reload that causes this bug.

I hope this will be useful to solve the problem..
regards, jingles

Post by Guest »

I'm using WinXP-SP1, and it happens. However, in XnView Deluxe 2, it's repaired.