Fit to window + Fullscreen/window toggle bug

Ask for help and post your question on how to use XnView Classic.

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

Blackx

Fit to window + Fullscreen/window toggle bug

Post by Blackx »

I have noticed this problem: When viewing an image which is too high in fullscreen, having selected the option "fit to window, all", everything works correctly. But after switching to window (say, by pressing "Ctrl"), the zoom gets updated, but incorrectly - part of the image is hidden behind the status bar. After switching the status bar off and on again, the image is shown OK.
crazytb

This bug at Linux version

Post by crazytb »

This bug does not occur at Linux version. I switch to/from FullScreen (Ctrl+F) and image is resized according.

This looks like a Windows-only bug.

However, there is another bug at Linux version (I don't know about Windows one). I open a "view image" window (double click on any image, select File->Open, ...). Then, I go to Tools->Options and change the behavior of "Auto image size". I discovered that this setting only is applied to new windows. Current open window with image still have the "old" behavior.
helmut

Re: Fit to window + Fullscreen/window toggle bug

Post by helmut »

Could not reproduce your problem, think the reason is that I do not quite understand your description. The most unclear part is
... But after switching to window (say, by pressing "Ctrl"), the zoom gets updated, but incorrectly ...
Could you please try to explain, again?
crazytb

Re: Fit to window + Fullscreen/window toggle bug

Post by crazytb »

helmut wrote:Could not reproduce your problem, think the reason is that I do not quite understand your description. The most unclear part is
Blackx wrote:... But after switching to window (say, by pressing "Ctrl"), the zoom gets updated, but incorrectly ...
Could you please try to explain, again?
I think he said:
  • Start Fullscreen mode
  • The image is too big, and it is resized to fit entire screen. No problem until here.
  • Exit Fullscreen mode and come back to window mode.
  • Here, he said, the image isn't correctly zoomed, a small part of it is hidden under status bar.
leXy

I have this bug, also

Post by leXy »

crazytb wrote:I think he said:
  • Start Fullscreen mode
  • The image is too big, and it is resized to fit entire screen. No problem until here.
  • Exit Fullscreen mode and come back to window mode.
  • Here, he said, the image isn't correctly zoomed, a small part of it is hidden under status bar.
That's it. The problem happens when the image is automaticaly resized via Options->View->Auto Image Size. After switching from Full Screen to Window View, the image is resized as if the bottom border of the available area for the image weren't updated. So a small part of the image gets hidden under the status bar and Ms-Windows taskbar.

helmut

Post by helmut »

Thanks for your good descriptions. With these, the problem was really easy to reproduce.
At first glance, everything looks fine, but as you write in your bug reports, a major part at the bottom of the image is not shown anymore, as if it was covered by the statusbar.
Indeed a bug which should be fixed. :bugconfirmed: