Image select in browser

Ask for help and post your question on how to use XnView Classic.

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

GhostLake

Image select in browser

Post by GhostLake »

If press enter while viewing an image XnView switches to the browser view and will show a thumbnail of the image that you were viewing. It would be nice if the program would select the image in the file list too.
crazytb

Post by crazytb »

Just like ACDSee. I agree, the file should be selected. And sort order for browser and viewer should be unified.
helmut

Post by helmut »

crazytb wrote:... And sort order for browser and viewer should be unified.
If I see right, the sort order has been unified in 1.70 RC3, alredy. At least, there is no setting in the options for setting a sort order in view mode, anymore. The setting used to be in the options, category 'View->File list'.
helmut

Re: Image select in browser

Post by helmut »

GhostLake wrote:If press enter while viewing an image XnView switches to the browser view and will show a thumbnail of the image that you were viewing. It would be nice if the program would select the image in the file list too.
I think this feature is already there, but not activated by default:
Please try options, category 'Browser', checkbox 'Synchronize Browser Selection with current View'.

Perhaps this setting should be activated by default (i.e. when installing XnView).
GhostLake

Post by GhostLake »

Already had the synchronize option checked and it doesn't help.
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

GhostLake wrote:Already had the synchronize option checked and it doesn't help.
You have checked this option, and when you open a picture from the browser, and use next/previous, the item is not selected in browser??
Pierre.
GhostLake

Post by GhostLake »

If I read you right, that is correct Pierre. Couple other things I've noticed is that when viewing an image and press enter to go to browser, the thumbnail is shown of that image but the file isn't selected as stated before. I've tried pressing enter again to view the same image but the program does nothing. If press the down arrow key then the first image is selected in the list of files. If disable the synchronize option, then it won't show the thumbnail of the image I had just viewed. So when this synchronize option is enabled, the thumbnail should be shown of the image that was just viewed and the file should be selected in the list?
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

GhostLake wrote:If I read you right, that is correct Pierre. Couple other things I've noticed is that when viewing an image and press enter to go to browser, the thumbnail is shown of that image but the file isn't selected as stated before. I've tried pressing enter again to view the same image but the program does nothing. If press the down arrow key then the first image is selected in the list of files. If disable the synchronize option, then it won't show the thumbnail of the image I had just viewed. So when this synchronize option is enabled, the thumbnail should be shown of the image that was just viewed and the file should be selected in the list?
Do you have tried the 1.70 RC3?
Pierre.
GhostLake

Post by GhostLake »

Yes, and I have the same problem with it.
GhostLake

Post by GhostLake »

Version 1.70 (final) fixed the problem. Many thanks to everyone involved with this program.