Fit window to image bug with big images

Ask for help and post your question on how to use XnView Classic.

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

moho

Fit window to image bug with big images

Post by moho »

I often have to do with non-standard sized graphics (ie. ribbons), and I like when they fit on the screen in a cut-to-size window stretched to contain them. For example if I have an 2000x400 image and 1024x768 desktop, I would like XnView to create a window 1024 pixels wide, which would contain the whole scaled down image. I suppose the option 'Force XnView to fit image' should do it, but apparently it doesn't - the window resizes to match the image size, but fails to resize the image to fit on the screen.
xnview
Author of XnView

Re: Fit window to image bug with big images

Post by xnview »

moho wrote:I often have to do with non-standard sized graphics (ie. ribbons), and I like when they fit on the screen in a cut-to-size window stretched to contain them. For example if I have an 2000x400 image and 1024x768 desktop, I would like XnView to create a window 1024 pixels wide, which would contain the whole scaled down image. I suppose the option 'Force XnView to fit image' should do it, but apparently it doesn't - the window resizes to match the image size, but fails to resize the image to fit on the screen.
If you use "Fit to desktop" & "Force XnView to fit"?
Pierre.
moho

Post by moho »

Yes, exactly. The XnView window is not resized to fit desktop. Maybe the program is unable to get desktop size from the system?
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

moho wrote:Yes, exactly. The XnView window is not resized to fit desktop. Maybe the program is unable to get desktop size from the system?
Ok, a :bugconfirmed:
Pierre.
crazytb

Post by crazytb »

Maybe the options "scale image to fit screen" and "resize window to fit image" should be two independent checkboxes.

Actually, should be one checkbox labeled "resize window to fit image" and one drop-down list, with options "do not scale image", "scale to fit screen (all)", "scale down to fit screen (only large images)", "scale up to fit screen (only small images)".

Just one idea, because "resize window" is completely independent from "scale image".