Little things that keep me from switching...

Ask for help and post your question on how to use XnView Classic.

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

Jakie

Little things that keep me from switching...

Post by Jakie »

Hi!

To clarify this first: I really like XnView (it's interface and the wide range of graphic-formats it supports), but there are some details that still keep me from switching over from ACDSee :-)

Here's my list:

- Hitting the "/"-button on the numeric keypad should fit the image to screen. It does this, but when in fullscreen-mode, it switches back to windowed mode - have to switch back to fullscreen manually everytime so it is a bit annoying

- Scrolling isn't as smooth as it is in ACDSee, you can only scroll in one direction at a time and only very slowly (make scroll-speed adjustable?)

- I am using the windows Version and i experience tearing-artifacts when scrolling / zooming / cycling through images (maybe a screen-update on VSync would solve this?)

If there are hidden options that I somehow missed, please feel free to correct me ;-)

Greetings, Jakie
xnview
Author of XnView

Re: Little things that keep me from switching...

Post by xnview »

Hi,
Jakie wrote:- Hitting the "/"-button on the numeric keypad should fit the image to screen. It does this, but when in fullscreen-mode, it switches back to windowed mode - have to switch back to fullscreen manually everytime so it is a bit annoying
Ok
- Scrolling isn't as smooth as it is in ACDSee, you can only scroll in one direction at a time and only very slowly (make scroll-speed adjustable?)
With key or mouse?
Pierre.

Re: Little things that keep me from switching...

Post by Guest »

Hi again :-)

> With key or mouse?

I meant scrolling with the cursor-keys. In ACDSee, i can press [UPARROW] and [LEFTARROW] simultaneously and have it scroll to the upper left corner. In XnView, when one key is held down, the other keypress is ignored.

Jakie