Problem with pop up window settings

Ask for help and post your question on how to use XnView Classic.

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

RobertWWP

Problem with pop up window settings

Post by RobertWWP »

Hi all!

I have an issue I can't seem to find an answer to. I'm using XnView (for Windows) Version 2.36, Libformat Version 6.88 on a Windows 10 laptop. I had to re-install Windows and also Xnview so I'm not sure if this is the same version I had before. The problem I'm having is this...

I have a laptop with a second monitor attached to it. I use my laptop screen as the main screen (Screen #1), and the extra monitor as the side screen (Screen #2). When I open a file and drag it over to Screen #2, then do something such as adjust the brightness/contrast, normally the pop-up window that shows the adjustments for the image appears on Screen #2, the same as the image I'm working with. Then when I scroll to the next image, there's a pop up asking me if I want to save changes to that image - again, this appears on the same screen (Screen #2).

Now, for some reason, the pop up windows for anything - such as adjusting the brightness/contrast - pops up on Screen #1 (the main laptop screen) instead, and even if I drag that dialog box to Screen #2, the next pop up goes to Screen #1. It's like it's overriding the Windows directive to open the window in the previous screen.

I hope that makes sense. Any thoughts on what setting I need to do to fix this? Thanks!
RobertWWP

Re: Problem with pop up window settings

Post by RobertWWP »

Actually, I tried uninstalling the current version and then installing an older version (V1.92) from my old laptop and that seems to have fixed the problem - it was something not right with the newer version. But on BOTH versions, I noticed another problem.

If I click on Tools>Options>Interface, under the option for Recent Lists, I have the options to "Show Most Recently Used Files" in File Menu" (and in the sub-menu) disabled, and "Purge Most Recently Used Files Files & Directories On Exit" enabled, but it does NOT purge the list when I exit the program.

Worse yet, when I click the Purge Now button, nothing happens. It does not purge the list. Normally it should purge the list, then the button should be grayed out, since there's nothing to purge. Can someone please help with this issue?
xnview
Author of XnView

Re: Problem with pop up window settings

Post by xnview »

the dialog is always on screen #1, right?
Pierre.