.UFO file format

Ask for help and post your question on how to use XnView Classic.

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

kendra

.UFO file format

Post by kendra »

Hello All,
The .UFO file format was a file format used by one of my favorite photo editing programs, PhotoImpact. It was acquired by COREL which they eventually killed off and replaced with Paint Shop Pro. I find Paint Shop Pro too complicated to use. I still use Photoimpact X3, the last version of this great program. IMHO, It is much easier to work with and the results are excellent.

I am aware that this topic is covered elsewhere in the forum, but the discussion seemed to have died and no solution was proposed.

I would like to use XnView to view my folder of UFO files. I understand that the latest version of XnView is supposed to be able to read the UFO format, but it doesn't. Is there a specific plug-in or something that should be included that will allow XnView to view UFO files? I would appreciate any assistance offered. Thanks so much.
xnview
Author of XnView

Re: .UFO file format

Post by xnview »

could you send me some samples?
Pierre.
kendra

Post by kendra »

Hello Xnview,

Where can I send you a few samples?

Thank you.
kendra

Post by kendra »

kendra wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 2:35 am Hello Xnview,

Where can I send you a few samples?

Thank you.
Hello Xnview,

I PM'd you with a link to a few samples. Please let me know what you think. Thanks.
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

I don't know how to read this format...
Pierre.
kendra

Post by kendra »

In the latest Xnview version, it is stated that Photoimpact files [UPI format?] are supported. Are these the same as UFO format? Corel's Paint Shop Pro supports UFO format. how can I find the .dll files that allow a third party app to read UFO files?
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

kendra wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 2:00 am In the latest Xnview version, it is stated that Photoimpact files [UPI format?] are supported. Are these the same as UFO format? Corel's Paint Shop Pro supports UFO format. how can I find the .dll files that allow a third party app to read UFO files?
No, UPI are BMP files, not UFO
Pierre.