Showing TIFF compression type in 'Details' view

Ask for help and post your question on how to use XnView Classic.

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

stearn

Showing TIFF compression type in 'Details' view

Post by stearn »

I have a number of folders with TIFs in. Some are uncompressed, others have LZW compression applied. I can click on a file in the main thumbnail view and under the Info panel (either properties or ExifTool) will see whether it is LZW or none, but I wondered if there was a way of including this in the 'Details' view so I can have the filenames alongside what type of compression for the whole folder rather than click on each file in turn.
stearn

Re: Showing TIFF compression type in 'Details' view

Post by stearn »

[Update] I have used the search function with endless search terms and have got a fix, but not quite the one I wanted - am I missing something obvious?

Using Thumbnail view, in Tools>Settings> Thumbnail>Label I can add a custom label (Image>Compression)

This displays the information I am after using the thumbnail view, but it doesn't translate to when I change to details view. The right-click drop-down on the details attributes doesn't offer customisation.
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

stearn wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 10:47 am Using Thumbnail view, in Tools>Settings> Thumbnail>Label I can add a custom label (Image>Compression)

This displays the information I am after using the thumbnail view, but it doesn't translate to when I change to details view. The right-click drop-down on the details attributes doesn't offer customisation.
yes only possible in thumbnails view
Pierre.
stearn

Post by stearn »

Thanks for confirming.