How to make a "strip of images" from clipboard not files

Ask for help and post your question on how to use XnView Classic.

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

kelvin-koolohm

How to make a "strip of images" from clipboard not files

Post by kelvin-koolohm »

I can find no information that tells how to create a strip of images without using filenames.
I just want to quickly concatenate 4 clipboard images from a page that had to be scrolled to get the screenshots.
Are the clipboard images temporarily stored somewhere with filenames attached?

Help
cday
XnThusiast

Re: how to "strip of images" from clipboard not files

Post by cday »

kelvin-koolohm wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:18 pm I can find no information that tells how to create a strip of images without using filenames.
I just want to quickly concatenate 4 clipboard images from a page that had to be scrolled to get the screenshots.
You mean that you want to press 'Print screen' four times and then join those images? In that case each time you press 'Print screen' the existing contents of the clipboard will be overwritten...

If that is what you need, an online search 'make screenshot of page scrolled' provides several possible solutions that might be helpful... :?:
kelvin-koolohm

Re: How to make a "strip of images" from clipboard not files

Post by kelvin-koolohm »

The images are most assuredly NOT overwritten.
After I enable "PrintScreen", I click on the minimized task bar link, then "Control", + "Shift", + "V" and XnView opens a new Clipboard tab with the
screen shot ready to be cropped.
I am looking, at this moment, at 4 tabs at the top of XnView. As I click on each tab, the cropped image of that screen shot appears.
Unfortunately, when I then ask to create a strip of images, there is no way to choose "Clipboard-1", "Clipboard-2", "Clipboard-3", and "Clipboard-4".
cday
XnThusiast

Re: How to make a "strip of images" from clipboard not files

Post by cday »

kelvin-koolohm wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:30 am After I enable "PrintScreen", I click on the minimized task bar link, then "Control", + "Shift", + "V" and XnView opens a new Clipboard tab with the
screen shot ready to be cropped.

I am looking, at this moment, at 4 tabs at the top of XnView. As I click on each tab, the cropped image of that screen shot appears.
Unfortunately, when I then ask to create a strip of images, there is no way to choose "Clipboard-1", "Clipboard-2", "Clipboard-3", and "Clipboard-4".
Thanks for the clarification, you wish to be able create a strip of images from the open tabs (which in your case, are unsaved images from the clipboard).

It might be best to create a new thread under the 'Suggestions' heading 'Way to create strip of images directly from open tabs'.