New user, help with some features :)

Ask for help and post your question on how to use XnView Classic.

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

Jetpoet

New user, help with some features :)

Post by Jetpoet »

Hello,

I'm an old-time user of an old version of ACDSee and I recently wanted to migrate to something free, more modern, slicker; after trying a lot of applications I found XnView and I literally fell in love with it. I miss however some features of ACDSee, in particular:

1) Is there a way to select two or more different folders (not a folder and its subfolders) and browse all of their files? ACDSee has a dedicated feature for this called Easy-Select.

2) When I arrive at the end of the folder, XnView only allows me to loop on the file list. Isn't there a way to loop but at the same time to alert me that I arrived at the end of the folder (for example with a beep)?

3) "Zoom in for Left button use in selection" does what it says, but the zoom in the selection doesn't fill the screen; moreover, it is quite slow and of poor quality, and it doesn't work if I start XnView by double-clicking on an image file from Windows Explorer.

4) If I have "Auto Image Size" set to "Fit image to window, all", is there a shortcut to resize the image back to its original size, while viewing the image?

Thanks and keep up the good work!
xnview
Author of XnView

Re: New user, help with some features :)

Post by xnview »

Jetpoet wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 11:50 am 1) Is there a way to select two or more different folders (not a folder and its subfolders) and browse all of their files? ACDSee has a dedicated feature for this called Easy-Select.
No
2) When I arrive at the end of the folder, XnView only allows me to loop on the file list. Isn't there a way to loop but at the same time to alert me that I arrived at the end of the folder (for example with a beep)?
Currently no
3) "Zoom in for Left button use in selection" does what it says, but the zoom in the selection doesn't fill the screen; moreover, it is quite slow and of poor quality, and it doesn't work if I start XnView by double-clicking on an image file from Windows Explorer.
Lower quality than using 'zoom +'?
4) If I have "Auto Image Size" set to "Fit image to window, all", is there a shortcut to resize the image back to its original size, while viewing the image?
no sorry
Pierre.
Jetpoet

Re: New user, help with some features :)

Post by Jetpoet »

Ok... thanks for your answer anyway ;)