Bug when trying to rename a file

Ask for help and post your question on how to use XnView Classic.

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

Aokromes

Bug when trying to rename a file

Post by Aokromes »

Hi, i have tried to rename an opened file with F2, but only the first 59 characters are shown.
helmut

Re: Bug when trying to rename a file

Post by helmut »

Aokromes wrote:Hi, i have tried to rename an opened file with F2, but only the first 59 characters are shown.
Man, you have long file names! Indeed, this is a bug. :bugconfirmed:

I've tried to find out about the correct length of file names and simply tried renaming in XnView browser. I've entered as many characters as possible and then clicked on another file to confirm. But instead of renaming the file an error message is shown. Another bug. :bugconfirmed:

Then I've tried in MS Explorer. There, only 217 characters can be entered. Not sure what the right limit is, but 59 characters is surely not enough...
xnview
Author of XnView

Re: Bug when trying to rename a file

Post by xnview »

helmut wrote:
Aokromes wrote:Hi, i have tried to rename an opened file with F2, but only the first 59 characters are shown.
Man, you have long file names! Indeed, this is a bug. :bugconfirmed:
I have not the problem under win 2000!
I've tried to find out about the correct length of file names and simply tried renaming in XnView browser. I've entered as many characters as possible and then clicked on another file to confirm. But instead of renaming the file an error message is shown. Another bug. :bugconfirmed:
Windows message :(