Some photos/videos downloaded from iCloud missing date taken- how to fill the gaps

Ask for help and post your question on how to use XnView Classic.

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

RickNCN

Some photos/videos downloaded from iCloud missing date taken- how to fill the gaps

Post by RickNCN »

Hi,

I have a folder of photos and videos. Some small percentage don't have a DATE TAKEN or any other field that seems to indicate that.

If I order the files by name, the ones with missing DATE TAKEN are spread sporadically throughout the list, but I have an idea of the date they were taken because the file names are close to other files that have a DATE TAKEN, or I can look at the images and see where they belong.

Is there a way to use this program to copy and paste the DATE TAKEN from a file just before or just after and paste it to the files with missing dates?

Or is there another method to fill in the missing dates?

tia,
Rick

EDIT: The "Media Created" field on the .MOV files seems to be the correct date. I want the photo importer to recognize that date (or can I copy that date to another field that is recognized?) so the files import to the right folder. - And most importantly, all of my media is backed up to Google Photos. I want Google Photos to identify the correct creation date (taken date) and use that to put them all in the right time location.
xnview
Author of XnView

Re: Some photos/videos downloaded from iCloud missing date taken- how to fill the gaps

Post by xnview »

you have 'change timestamp' but only for photo files
Pierre.