XnView 2.48 not responding when scanning

Ask for help and post your question on how to use XnView Classic.

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

KarlGustaw

XnView 2.48 not responding when scanning

Post by KarlGustaw »

Two weeks ago, I installed the latest version of XnView and it worked very well.

But yesterday I ran into a problem: the Progress bar freezes during scanning and application is not responding after actual scanning process on mfp. If I wait, it completes the scan successfully after 3 minutes. In eventvwr I've got no messages from application, just typical app halt, when I close the program instead of waiting.

I've tried to scan with Windows Scan and Faxes and it goes well and quick. Also tried to reboot computer, and add in xnview.ini in [Scan] section line newMethod=1 or 0.

OS is Windows 10, 64bit with every latest updates.

Thank you in advance for any suggestions.
xnview
Author of XnView

Re: XnView 2.48 not responding when scanning

Post by xnview »

And you had no problem before?
Pierre.
KarlGustaw

Post by KarlGustaw »

Actually we had a problem with multiscanning, (saving every first page in unique pdf file), one or two pages was 0kb size.Then we updated xnview from 2.39 to 2.48 and maybe our employee just didnt scanned anything, and then ran into a problem. So the problem appeared after the update.
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

KarlGustaw wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:38 am Actually we had a problem with multiscanning, (saving every first page in unique pdf file), one or two pages was 0kb size.Then we updated xnview from 2.39 to 2.48 and maybe our employee just didnt scanned anything, and then ran into a problem. So the problem appeared after the update.
If you try again the 2.39, no more problem??
Pierre.