How do I attach Keyword Tags to Video Files ???

Ask for help and post your question on how to use XnView Classic.

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

BuckSkin

How do I attach Keyword Tags to Video Files ???

Post by BuckSkin »

I need to attach keyword tags to my various video files; some are mpg, some are AVI, and just about anything else one would acquire in a Windows collection of videos.

I blundered around with a mpg file and managed to write a "description", but it made a little sidecar file and I can only see my new description in XNView; it does not show up in Explorer nor Properties.

I tried to write an "Embedded Comment" to the same file; it acted as if it worked, but I never could find where it disappeared to.

What I would really like is to just tag the videos in the same manner that I tag images; and, then be able to find these videos by the tags they have associated with them.

If a video has a Saddle-Bronc Rider Hung-Up in the rigging and getting Stomped, I could search for any of the three tags and find the video (of course, such a video would also be tagged Horse, Cowboy, Rodeo, etc.).

Thanks for reading and all help is appreciated.
xnview
Author of XnView

Re: How do I attach Keyword Tags to Video Files ???

Post by xnview »

it's not possible to write embedded metadata for video files with XnView
Pierre.
guilhem

Post by guilhem »

Hello,
As BuckSkin I'm looking for a soft which works the same way for pictures and video.
I'm very happy with XnViewMP and its features for pictures. As it is also abble to play video, it would be great to extend its picture tagging features to video. Pierre, do you plan to upgrade xnview such way ?
If not,do you recommend a specific soft (free & opensource preferabily) ?
Thank you in advance for answering.
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

guilhem wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:53 pm Hello,
As BuckSkin I'm looking for a soft which works the same way for pictures and video.
I'm very happy with XnViewMP and its features for pictures. As it is also abble to play video, it would be great to extend its picture tagging features to video. Pierre, do you plan to upgrade xnview such way ?
If not,do you recommend a specific soft (free & opensource preferabily) ?
Thank you in advance for answering.
you can tag video files with XnView MP but no writing them in embedded metadata
Pierre.