Where is the text tool?

Ask for help and post your question on how to use XnView Classic.

Moderators: XnTriq, xnview

Post Reply
earthshaker
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2008 1:42 am

Where is the text tool?

Post by earthshaker » Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:24 am

I haven't used XNView Classic is a while, I remembered that I could add text that contained the exif data, I used shift=t and got what i wanted added, but I can't find a way to add that text to an image, what do I need to do?

cday
XnThusiast
Posts: 1717
Joined: Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:45 am
Location: Cheltenham, U.K.

Re: Where is the text tool?

Post by cday » Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:29 am

earthshaker wrote:I haven't used XNView Classic is a while, I remembered that I could add text that contained the exif data, I used shift=t and got what i wanted added, but I can't find a way to add that text to an image, what do I need to do?
In the Viewer, Image > Add Text... :D

earthshaker
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2008 1:42 am

Re: Where is the text tool?

Post by earthshaker » Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:44 am

Did that, got the add text dialog, enter my text, After I click OK nothing happens, next idea?

User avatar
xnview
Author of XnView
Posts: 29471
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2003 7:31 am
Location: France
Contact:

Re: Where is the text tool?

Post by xnview » Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:47 pm

earthshaker wrote:Did that, got the add text dialog, enter my text, After I click OK nothing happens, next idea?
font size is correct?
Pierre.

earthshaker
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2008 1:42 am

Re: Where is the text tool?

Post by earthshaker » Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:03 pm

Yeah the font is correct, I did some digging and figured out what was going on, it still doesn't work, but now I know why, apparently Photoshop deletes all of the metadata, when you export as jpg, I don't know who's bright idea that was but i don't like it.

cday
XnThusiast
Posts: 1717
Joined: Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:45 am
Location: Cheltenham, U.K.

Re: Where is the text tool?

Post by cday » Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:09 pm

xnview wrote:
earthshaker wrote:Did that, got the add text dialog, enter my text, After I click OK nothing happens, next idea?
font size is correct?
You should see a preview of the text when you move the mouse cursor over the image, if it isn't over it when you click on OK...

MikeMuc
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:59 pm

Re: Where is the text tool?

Post by MikeMuc » Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:12 pm

Hi All,
I think I know what earthshaker wants to know.

It is not the "Shift T" Text Tool that can put any text into the actual Picture by placing it on the screen.

I understood that he wanted to know how to change the Metadata of the Picture.
Depending on which kind of Metadata - he can change things.
- Ctrl+I => IPTC (and XMP) can be added / changed
- Alt+Enter => Description can be changed

@xnview (Pierre)
Was there a way before to do any modifications to the EXIF data?
Will be ever a way to add/modify EXIF data?

Post Reply