XnView crash - .jpeg corrupted

Ask for help and post your question on how to use XnView Classic.

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

ref

XnView crash - .jpeg corrupted

Post by ref »

Hello, I've been using XnView for minor photo editing since early 2006 and never had any major problems with it, it's always been my preferred photo viewer and editor.

Tonight sadly I encountered a major issue. I was editing a very important file, saved multiple times during without any issue. After I was finished, I saved-as and then XnView crashed.

Upon opening the file now, with any sw, half image is smeared and the file appears corrupted. The thumbnail still shows correctly but the image is fucked, 4 hours of work just gone.

Now I'm wondering if there's any way to restore or repair the file? Sadly I do not have any backups of it, just this one file that was saved multiple times. I'm far from an expert on this area, but shouldn't there be some way to repair, using metadata or whatever?

OS is W8.1

Thanks
ref

Re: XnView crash - .jpeg corrupted

Post by ref »

Xnview version was 2.25 btw

I'll be forced to look elsewhere for img view/editor sw since this can never happen again :(
XnTriq
Moderator & Librarian

Re: XnView crash - .jpeg corrupted

Post by XnTriq »

Welcome to the forum, ref.

Could you please upload the file – preferably as ZIP or RAR archive – to a free hosting service like Wikisend or File Dropper and post a link in the forum for us to take a look at it?