Ignore SVG images

Ask for help and post your question on how to use XnView Classic.

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

SharkD

Ignore SVG images

Post by SharkD »

I'm not sure I'm using XnViewMP or Classic. The 'About' dialog in the help menu just says 'XnView for Windows'. (You'd think if it is important, then it would be mentioned in this dialog.)

Anyway, the program keeps showing a message "Please purchase CAD Image DLL to remove this text..." when cycling through a folder full of images and it comes across an SVG image.

I do not plan on purchasing this plugin. How do I tell XnView to skip and ignore SVG images? Thanks.
XnTriq
Moderator & Librarian

Re: Ignore SVG images

Post by XnTriq »

You're using XnView Classic. Please add SVG to the exclusion list for Custom files (*) alongside…

Code: Select all

HTM HTML MHT MHTML XML XHTML EML NWS URL
… in Tools » Options... » File List » File List.
SharkD

Post by SharkD »

That worked, thanks.
gleepglop

Post by gleepglop »

XnTriq wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2016 3:45 am You're using XnView Classic. Please add SVG to the exclusion list for Custom files (*) alongside…

Code: Select all

HTM HTML MHT MHTML XML XHTML EML NWS URL
… in Tools » Options... » File List » File List.
In what sense is that an exclusion list? It says "Choose which items are shown in the browser", so it seems like an inclusion list.
gleepglop

Post by gleepglop »

Here's a better method: Just delete the file CADImage.dll from

C:\Program Files (x86)\XnView\PlugIns
helmut

Post by helmut »

gleepglop wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 9:50 pmIn what sense is that an exclusion list? It says "Choose which items are shown in the browser", so it seems like an inclusion list.
In the file list you can specifiy whether items are shown or hidden. So in these settings you can both include and exclude file types.
gleepglop wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 9:53 pm Here's a better method: Just delete the file CADImage.dll from

C:\Program Files (x86)\XnView\PlugIns
Right, that's also an option. Just note that after removing DLL you will no longer be able to view SVG files in XnView at all - neither in XnView browser as thumbnails nor in XnView's image view.