How do I open SVG files and convert to PNG

Ask for help and post your question on how to use XnView Classic.

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

miksmith

Re: How do I open SVG files and convert to PNG

Post by miksmith »

I only downloaded rsvg-convert-dll-2.40.16.7z which opened the SVG at 466x466. I downloaded CS_SVG.dll and put it in the plugins directory but Xnview still open the SVG at 466x466

Im confused now! Im obviously doing something wrong but not sure what... I thought the original rsvg-convert-dll-2.40.16.7z would allow me to import the SVG at any resolution. Is that not correct?

thanks!

mike
XnTriq
Moderator & Librarian

Re: How do I open SVG files and convert to PNG

Post by XnTriq »

XnView Classic – unlike MP – doesn't natively support the SVG file format and relies on 3rd-party software:
As far as I can tell, there's currently no way to specify the resolution passed on to rsvg-convert by XnView :-|

Related:
BlagoYar

Re: How do I Open SVG files and convert to PNG

Post by BlagoYar »

XnTriq wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2016 7:00 am Welcome to the forum, John (-:

Please download rsvg-convert-dll-2.40.16.7z, extract the archive and move all files (EXE + DLLs) in the root folder to the Plugins sub-directory of your XnView installation. (The contents of rsvg-convert-dll-2.40.16.7z\fonts\ and \rsvg-convert-dll-2.40.16.7z\etc\ are not required for rsvg-convert.exe to run.)
Be sure to activate Display all image file types in Tools » Options... » General » Operations. You should now be able to open SVGs in the viewer as well as batch-convert them to PNG format.
Why is quality due to conversion?