Missing menus, Video features

Ask for help and post your question on how to use XnView Classic.

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

tom221

Post by tom221 »

I just downloaded XnView 1.66 and it seems to be missing the menu items "Filters" and "Image". Your help file says they are only present when viewing images, but I never see them.
I am running WinXp. thanks for any help you can give me.

I also have a new feature request. I would like to be able to extract individual video frames and step thru videos. It would also be nice to show the frame numbers when viewing videos.

thanks and have a good day.
helmut

Post by helmut »

Tom, I think that you are still in browser mode of XnView. Does the title of the window say "XnView [Browser - C:\...]"? If so, double-click on a file/thumbnail on the right side (file pane). The image will be opened and then you are in image mode.
Tom wrote:... I would like to be able to extract individual video frames and step thru videos. It would also be nice to show the frame numbers when viewing videos.
Currently, XnView doesn't support any of these features. XnView DeLuxe 2.0 (commercial version of XnView) allows extracting frames, the other two features aren't supported either.
tom221

Post by tom221 »

Thanks for your prompt reply. i did find that if I click on the Open button it goes into Image mode. your method also worked, but only if i changed the file association. All works well and does not crash like so many others I have tried.
As to the other items on my wish list, maybe someday it will be added.
Thanks again
Have a good day.