Navigating CBR/CBZ files

Ask for help and post your question on how to use XnView Classic.

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

wallywalters

Navigating CBR/CBZ files

Post by wallywalters »

I know I can open CBR and CBZ files in XnView, but I can only seem to call up the cover. How can I advance to the next page(s) and back again? Thanks.
cday
XnThusiast

Re: Navigating CBR/CBZ files

Post by cday »

wallywalters wrote:I know I can open CBR and CBZ files in XnView, but I can only seem to call up the cover. How can I advance to the next page(s) and back again? Thanks.
If viewing multi-pages is supported in CBR/CBZ files, you should be able to step through the images using these buttons:
Image.png
Image.png (3.89 KiB) Viewed 3752 times
Edit:

You can also step through the images of a multi-page file using the keyboard with this setting:

Tools > Options...
Image_2.png
Whether viewing multi-page CBR/CBZ files is supported is subject to confirmation...
wallywalters

Post by wallywalters »

cday wrote:Whether viewing multi-page CBR/CBZ files is supported is subject to confirmation...
Yes, viewing multi-page CBR/CBZ files is what I want to be able to do. Then I will no longer need ACDSee and/or CDisplayEx and can use XnView for everything. Is there a way?
cday
XnThusiast

Post by cday »

The above methods presumably do not step through the images in the file?
wallywalters

Post by wallywalters »

No, and the navigation buttons are greyed out.
XnTriq
Moderator & Librarian

Post by XnTriq »

From topic “Comics files”:
marsh wrote:Archives can be navigated in browser's preview (highlight + F11, then <pg up> <pg dn>. I haven't tried it recently, but it reads like the old behaviour about the viewer being different remains.
Drahken wrote:The issue is that for some reason xnview's viewer mode can't handle archives properly & will always just show the first image.
Xnview's browser mode however works differently for some reason. If you go into browser mode & navigate to the comic archive you can open it as though it were a folder. If you then open an image from it in fullscreen mode (I believe double clicking it opens fullscreen by default), you can then scroll through the images in the archive with the mousewheel or keyboard shortcuts (I believe page up/down are the default ones).
Drahken wrote:Make sure to open it into fullscreen from within the browser. Browser fullscreen & viewer fullscreen are different (don't ask me why).
Go into browse mode (hit ctrl+b if you start in viewer mode), navigate to your comic file (ie c:\comics\comic.cbr), and click it (if it has folders within it, you'll have to navigate through those too). Xnview's browser treats archive files the same as folders, so when you get into it you'll see a bunch of thumbnails for all the images in the file. If double clicking one opens in the viewer, then go back to the browser & right click the image and select the fullscreen option. Once you've done that, mousewheel or page up/down should go to the next image in the file.

wallywalters

Post by wallywalters »

Thanks. I'm afraid I'm having the same poor luck as the other poster in that thread, however.
Drahken

Post by Drahken »

Try installing/reinstalling the archive plugin, see if that has any effect: http://www.xnview.com/download/addons/archive.zip
Oh the feuhrer, oh the feuhrer, oh the feuhrer's nipples bonk!