XnView Shell Extension

Ask for help and post your question on how to use XnView Classic.

Moderators: XnTriq, xnview

maurizio.sedda
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Feb 16, 2016 4:27 pm

Re: XnView Shell Extension

Post by maurizio.sedda » Wed Feb 17, 2016 9:15 am

What has changed from the last time you had success using Xn shell extension?
I've no idea. I did not recognize immediately, but then I found that the XnView Shell menu disappeared from the explorer.
Are you sure you're using x64 version on x64 OS?
Yes. I'm using x64 OS. Installing a x86 DLL is not working. Most of my applications are x64.
Do you have any advanced security software like ZoneAlarm working which can potentially silently block your register attempts?
At the beginning I thought it was the antivirus, so first I tried to deactivate, then to remove it... without any results. I do not use any other security program.

I'm sad. :(

User avatar
Peter2
XnThusiast
Posts: 1106
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2005 3:07 pm
Location: CH

Re: XnView Shell Extension

Post by Peter2 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 9:44 am

Because there are no other messages about this problem it seem that it is a special problem of your PC. Have you checked the topics of "locked DLLs" and so on? Maybe there is something locked when PC is booted? One of these tool can probably help you: http://www.gibinsoft.net/gipoutils/fileutil/
XnView 2.42 German, Win 7 x64 Prof. / Win 10

todoen
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2017 6:12 pm

Re: XnView Shell Extension

Post by todoen » Tue Mar 14, 2017 6:17 pm

Hi. Thanks for your excellent extension. i have 3.6.0 version, but i don't found installer now? downgrade? :D NOTE: In 3.6.0 imageshack don't work... :shock:

User avatar
Peter2
XnThusiast
Posts: 1106
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2005 3:07 pm
Location: CH

Re: XnView Shell Extension

Post by Peter2 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 6:33 pm

todoen wrote:Hi. Thanks for your excellent extension. i have 3.6.0 version, but i don't found installer now? downgrade? :D NOTE: In 3.6.0 imageshack don't work... :shock:
Where have you 3.6.0 from?
Here is 3.5.1, http://www.xnview.com/de/xnshell/ and in current XnView 2.39 there is also 3.5.1 ...

Maybe it is a part of another compilation???
XnView 2.42 German, Win 7 x64 Prof. / Win 10

User avatar
Paultx
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Nov 29, 2009 12:49 am

Re: XnView Shell Extension

Post by Paultx » Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:39 pm

Do I need to uninstall a previous version to install a new one? TIA.

User avatar
Paultx
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Nov 29, 2009 12:49 am

Re: XnView Shell Extension

Post by Paultx » Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:11 pm

Peter2 wrote:
todoen wrote:Hi. Thanks for your excellent extension. i have 3.6.0 version, but i don't found installer now? downgrade? :D NOTE: In 3.6.0 imageshack don't work... :shock:
Where have you 3.6.0 from?
Here is 3.5.1, http://www.xnview.com/de/xnshell/ and in current XnView 2.39 there is also 3.5.1 ...

Maybe it is a part of another compilation???
I downloaded and installed the latest version available on the site and it's 3.6.0.

User avatar
sprayer
Posts: 15
Joined: Sun Sep 19, 2010 6:43 am
Location: Russia

Re: XnView Shell Extension

Post by sprayer » Sat Aug 05, 2017 7:35 am

Hi, please add support webP images in preview

PhilD
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:02 pm

Re: XnView Shell Extension

Post by PhilD » Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:07 pm

Is there a Resize tool for Jpegs?

If so where is it? And if not, why ever not ?

Thanks PhilD

BretKarson
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:41 pm

Re: XnView Shell Extension

Post by BretKarson » Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:43 pm

I work with EXR files a lot, and often in need to do quick conversions to low-bit formats. Is it possible to add EXR files to the context menu of XnShell?

User avatar
xnview
Author of XnView
Posts: 30122
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2003 7:31 am
Location: France
Contact:

Re: XnView Shell Extension

Post by xnview » Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:54 am

BretKarson wrote:I work with EXR files a lot, and often in need to do quick conversions to low-bit formats. Is it possible to add EXR files to the context menu of XnShell?
do you have OpenEXR.dll in Plugins folder of XnView?
Pierre.

dragonmoony
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:41 pm

Re: XnView Shell Extension

Post by dragonmoony » Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:44 pm

Image
Is there a way to only specify 1 dimension so that the other one scales uniformly (instead of stretching to fit both)?
Something like scale the largest axis to x, instead of scale both to specified resolution

User avatar
xnview
Author of XnView
Posts: 30122
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2003 7:31 am
Location: France
Contact:

Re: XnView Shell Extension

Post by xnview » Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:54 pm

dragonmoony wrote:
Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:44 pm
Image
Is there a way to only specify 1 dimension so that the other one scales uniformly (instead of stretching to fit both)?
Something like scale the largest axis to x, instead of scale both to specified resolution
you can enter 0 on one dimension
Pierre.

JuhaW
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:28 am

Re: XnView Shell Extension

Post by JuhaW » Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:42 am

Is .exr thumbnails supposed to appear in Windows file explorer as .hdr and other image formats ?

User avatar
xnview
Author of XnView
Posts: 30122
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2003 7:31 am
Location: France
Contact:

Re: XnView Shell Extension

Post by xnview » Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:48 am

XnView Shell Extension v4.0 is available

- full unicode support
Pierre.

BALTAGY
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:16 am

Re: XnView Shell Extension

Post by BALTAGY » Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:19 am

xnview wrote:
Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:48 am
XnView Shell Extension v4.0 is available

- full unicode support
Clicking on the image preview just open XnView not the image, going back to v3.60 fixed the problem

Post Reply