Add New Files To Bottom?

Ask for help and post your question on how to use XnView Classic.

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

derelict

Add New Files To Bottom?

Post by derelict »

Hi, I'm a new user of XnView and cannot find a way to have XnView add new files to the bottom in the browser, regardless of what the new files are named. There is an option in ACDSee to do this and I am hoping there is a way to do it in XnView that I just have missed so far. For example, if I have a folder with images in it that are named in a certain way (i.e name01, name02, etc.), I would like to be able to paste the new images into the browser and have them appear at the bottom of the list no matter what they are named (i.e abc01, abc02 will appear after name02). Then I can just select the new files and the last one of the old files, open the batch rename dialog having it autofilled with the naming convention I previously used and press rename to rename the new files. It is very easy to do in ACDSee, but not so easy in XnView. I'm looking at XNView as a replacement for ACDSee 3.1, but the lack of this option may hold me back. Otherwise, I think this application is excellent! Any help would be appreciated!
Clo
XnThusiast

Re: Add New Files To Bottom?

Post by Clo »

:arrow: derelict

:) Hello ! Welcome aboard !

• What about :
View Menu >> Sort by >> [×] Date || [×] Descending :?:

• Just a thought…

:mrgreen: Kind regards,
Claude
Clo
Old user ON SELECTIVE STRIKE till further notice
derelict

Re: Add New Files To Bottom?

Post by derelict »

Thanks! :D

That would work if I wanted to default sort all of my files by date. :wink:

I want to keep my default sort by name and just have the new files added below the old ones. I tried deselecting the auto refresh options, but that didn't help. ACDSee 3.1 leaves the new files at the bottom and only re-sorts them if you leave that folder and go back or do a forced refresh (F5, rename, etc.).

I was just hoping to get the same functionality from XnView. Maybe it's not possible now and can be added to a future version?